Having trouble using WBFS Manager 3.0

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by john.jingle, Jun 6, 2009.

Jun 6, 2009
  1. john.jingle
    OP

Member john.jingle GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've added Animal Crossing and the Munchables and they were transferred with no problem but MadWorld... Boy, you're really something. I've attempted to add it 5 times and it always gave me this error.

"Error occurred while adding some games. Hover the mouse over the error icon next to each game to read the error."
    and
    "Error occurred while loading drive. Make sure that the drive is not in use or open and that it has been formatted to WBFS format."

Are these common occurrences? The WBFS manager shows no error icon next to Madworld so I'm not able to read its error and I know that the drive is in WBFS format and my computer is reading it alright. What is going on here?

My computer is Windows XP if that helps any.

2. Vergil902

Newcomer Vergil902 Member

United States
    the only time that an error occurred for me was when i accidentally tried to add a game that was already there...

3. john.jingle
    OP

United States
    Well, I can say for certain that the game isn't on my HDD. It doesn't appear on the list nor did the space on my HDD changed.

EDIT: Actually, now that you mentioned it, I did try install Madworld NTSCU onto my HDD through my Wii but I had to abort because the downloading just stopped abruptly. I didn't bother downloading it again so I just got a new .iso. BTW, these errors showed AFTER the game "finished uploading" onto my HDD

EDIT#2: OK, that doesn't seem to be the problem. I just tried to load Punch Out onto my HDD and that's not working either, it still shows the same exact errors.

4. john.jingle
    OP

United States
    Does anyone know the answer to my problem? I was hoping that this is a common issue that would be easily addressed... Apparently not...

One other question: When you insert the HDD into your computer, what kind of file system is it (right click the HDD and then Properties)? Mine says RAW while I should have WBFS right? I formatted using the USB Loader and I got a RAW format...

5. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    If I right click my USB and select properties, I don't even see a file system (the space behind it is empty). When I go to the device management, it is shown as RAW
    What you could try is to copy the games to you pc and reformat the drive (first to FAT then to WBFS) and then copy your games back on it.

6. john.jingle
    OP

United States
    I can't even extract the games out from my HDD, it just give me the same error about loading the hard drive. I just d/l Wii Music as a test to see if my HDD is in trouble. I can transfer it from my comp to the HDD fairly quickly (since it's only 130mbs). Now I'm wondering if it's because Punchout and Madworld are big files, and that might be the reason why I'm getting those errors.

7. bucketofsocks

Newcomer bucketofsocks Newbie

United States
    I ran into that yesterday with marvel ultimate alliance and I ran the ISO through wii scrubber and then it worked, did it on some other games, one I had to scrub twice before it would load to the hdd but they all eventually worked

8. john.jingle
    OP

United States
    Looks like I figured out what's wrong with my drive...
    Apparently my hard drive is borked... I tried to format using disk manager and it was stuck at 2%. I looked up on google on what that meant and it seems that it's broken. 2% of my 111 GB hard drive is about 2-3gb. The games I have on my Hard drive weren't any higher than 4GBs so I guess that's why I was able to insert smaller games into the HDD while bigger isos are impossible to do.