Having trouble navigating brawl packaged game files.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by blu-canary, Aug 27, 2015.

1. blu-canary
    OP

blu-canary Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2015
    United States
    United States
    After recently ripping the vocal samples off of a cri-packed game, I thought I'd try my hand at extracting voice samples from other packaging methods as well.

I'm currently trying to extract the voice samples from a game called Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon, which I've discovered is packaged in the same way that Smash Bros. Brawl was packaged. (With .brsar and .brres files.)

I was easily able to locate a .brsar file labeled "game_sound." I put the .brsar through the Braw Box program for extraction, and found all of the game's sfx inside. What I didn't find were the voice samples or any bgm at all. I went back to my wii scrubber and checked all of the files again to see if they were in another place, but all i came up with was more code, textures, and animations.

I know the bgm and voice samples are somewhere in my iso, i just dont know where.

Here's picture of my scrubber results and the sound packages i've found:

[​IMG]

As you can see, the only other file in the sound folder is a .afs file, which i know nothing about.

Is anyone able to help me out?

Last edited by blu-canary, Aug 27, 2015
  2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Next time you should use the snipping tool built into windows, just a heads up :^)

3. blu-canary
    OP

blu-canary Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2015
    United States
    United States
    lmao i probably should have done that hahaha the image should be a bit smaller now.