Hacking Having trouble modding my Wii

svordy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello, I've tried to mod my wii today, but after putting all the files in the SD card and turning on my console, it launches into bootmii, which i thought was weird, because the tutorial i used said that i need to go to the message Wii message board. Can anyone explain this to me of why it happened and how can i fix it? Thanks

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The wii was previously modified and your are fortunate in that your wii is old enough to have bootmii installed to boot2. From there you use the power and reset buttons on the wii to navigate the menu, or a gamecube controller. You can also just rename the bootmii folder something else on the SD card if u don't want it always booting that way, or modify its config file boot options. Taking the SD card out during the boot process would also work

Are you using modmii? I don't think too many other guides come with a bootmii folder preloaded, as it's somewhat unnecessary as the installer creates them during the install procedure

Last edited by XFlak,

svordy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The wii was previously modified and your are fortunate in that your wii is old enough to have bootmii installed to boot2. From there you use the power and reset buttons on the wii to navigate the menu, or a gamecube controller. You can also just rename the bootmii folder something else on the SD card if u don't want it always booting that way, or modify its config file boot options. Taking the SD card out during the boot process would also work

Are you using modmii? I don't think too many other guides come with a bootmii folder preloaded, as it's somewhat unnecessary as the installer creates them during the install procedure
I am using modmii. Also, is the homebrew channel supposed to not be on the home menu? Because it isn't,and when i boot it up on the bootmii it just gives me a black screen and stays like that.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
That means u have bootmii installed as boot2, but no homebrew channel, and probably no bootmii as ios either

You can proceed with your modmii guide to (re)install everything, overwriting anything old and outdated that may still be there from a prior mod

svordy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That means u have bootmii installed as boot2, but no homebrew channel, and probably no bootmii as ios either

You can proceed with your modmii guide to (re)install everything, overwriting anything old and outdated that may still be there from a prior mod
I did all of that after figuring out that i can. Thanks anyway for trying to help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls