ROM Hack Having trouble launching Pokemon Sun

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If I was the OP I'd use FBI to delete the Leaked Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon games +their tickets and just use FreeShop to download the PROPER releases. Unless OP wants to risk getting their 3DS banned.

If he knows what he is doing with FBI it is fine to delete the ticket from there, otherwise just delete game from system settings like you normally would with an unhacked system and just use TikSweep to delete the unused ticket, it will automatically do it for you when you launch it then reinstall game using freéShop..

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also I wasn't dumb enough to connect online before its official release (no offense ban victims) and I already uninstalled the game as soon as the proper releases are made. If for whatever reason I still get banned I can show Nintendo my receipt that I purchased the games since I did preorder the steelbook edition from Amazon.

Thanks for everything guys, hope you all have fun.

Reactions: owek1

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Also I wasn't dumb enough to connect online before its official release (no offense ban victims) and I already uninstalled the game as soon as the proper releases are made. If for whatever reason I still get banned I can show Nintendo my receipt that I purchased the games since I did preorder the steelbook edition from Amazon.

Thanks for everything guys, hope you all have fun.

You lucked out man.
I never went online with Sun or Moon, but I did try to play Mario Kart 7 online (Physical Retail Cart) two days ago, and that's when I got hit with the B&nana.

Lurking around the "who else got banned on Pokemon Sun Moon" thread and waiting for someone to post a guide on how to remove the online ban. (The Miiverse/eShop ban would still be in effect though)

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You lucked out man.
I never went online with Sun or Moon, but I did try to play Mario Kart 7 online (Physical Retail Cart) two days ago, and that's when I got hit with the B&nana.

Lurking around the "who else got banned on Pokemon Sun Moon" thread and waiting for someone to post a guide on how to remove the online ban. (The Miiverse/eShop ban would still be in effect though)
I can only assume you got caught because maybe you had your wireless on while you were playing the game even if you werent using the online functions, therefore people in your friends list can see (and possibly Nintendo.) Also it would loom around as your last played software assuming you went right from Pokemon to Mario Kart. I'm just taking guesses how you could of got snagged.

There are guides all over on getting the ban removed but if its the 15 day ban I would wait it out before attempting anything.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I can only assume you got caught because maybe you had your wireless on while you were playing the game even if you werent using the online functions, therefore people in your friends list can see (and possibly Nintendo.) Also it would loom around as your last played software assuming you went right from Pokemon to Mario Kart. I'm just taking guesses how you could of got snagged.

There are guides all over on getting the ban removed but if its the 15 day ban I would wait it out before attempting anything.
I honestly think that's what happened.
I had my Wi-Fi "switch" on. (It's a new 3DS) and I used NTR NitroStream to screen capture the game to show something to a friend.
Going to wait till December 9th (15 Days + A Week) to see if I get un-banned. This is the first time I got the banned error message, and people said the 1st offense is 15 Days.

I went and deleted the Leaked versions and downloaded the FreeShop versions.
Version Number for Sun is 32 and Moon is 16. The leaks were 0.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
After 30 minutes of struggling, i finally got the legit cartridge working on my sysNAND 9.0 luma/gateway setup.

My findings so far:

Legit cart booting in Gateway classic mode.

Dumped my legit cart running .3DZ rom from gateway mode with NTR to spoof the firmware = Freezes at (paraphrasing) "initialising save data....."

Converted cart dump to 'card 2' mode, greeted with "the save data is corrupted" message.

Tried running the legit cart in plain Luma mode, as soon as 3DS screen appears, greeted with "the game card was removed....." message. With and without NTR running.

In gateway mode the legit cart works (due to chain loading?) with luma3DS and NTR to spoof the firmware.

In plain luma3DS mode getting "the game card was removed" error sounds awfully a lot like a new anti-piracy method to me, although I'm unsure if these results are caused by my unit being on low firmware.

EDIT: I edited the address for the Anti-Piracy value like somebody else suggested and CARD1 pokemon sun ROM is working with gateway cart

Last edited by Deleted member 333767,

TDotFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After 30 minutes of struggling, i finally got the legit cartridge working on my sysNAND 9.0 luma/gateway setup.

My findings so far:

Legit cart booting in Gateway classic mode.

Dumped my legit cart running .3DZ rom from gateway mode with NTR to spoof the firmware = Freezes at (paraphrasing) "initialising save data....."

Converted cart dump to 'card 2' mode, greeted with "the save data is corrupted" message.

Tried running the legit cart in plain Luma mode, as soon as 3DS screen appears, greeted with "the game card was removed....." message. With and without NTR running.

In gateway mode the legit cart works (due to chain loading?) with luma3DS and NTR to spoof the firmware.

In plain luma3DS mode getting "the game card was removed" error sounds awfully a lot like a new anti-piracy method to me, although I'm unsure if these results are caused by my unit being on low firmware.
how did you get it to work on sysNAND?

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
how did you get it to work on sysNAND?

I didn't think carts worked in "gateway" mode either, but i was very suprised with a legit cart inserted, if i press select button, the OSD comes up and says "unable to find gateway card" or something, then the game card just pops up, if it doesn't, i just reinsert the game card upto 5 times and then it shows up. Maybe this is due to Luma chainloading the gateway cart. But cool, nonetheless.

EDIT: Does that answer your question? I have Luma/Gateway combo, everybody shits on Gateway all the time, but in all honesty, "it just works" I can run pokemon Cart and Rom with the gateway payload chainloaded via Luma on sysNAND 9.0

In luma3DS alone, i have to jump through hoops such as launching NTR to spoof firmware, etc. If i didn't want to use NTR, then i would just have to unnecessarily update to 11.2.

Gateway just works out of the box, straight up.

Last edited by Deleted member 333767,

TDotFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't think carts worked in "gateway" mode either, but i was very suprised with a legit cart inserted, if i press select button, the OSD comes up and says "unable to find gateway card" or something, then the game card just pops up, if it doesn't, i just reinsert the game card upto 5 times and then it shows up. Maybe this is due to Luma chainloading the gateway cart. But cool, nonetheless.

EDIT: Does that answer your question? I have Luma/Gateway combo, everybody shits on Gateway all the time, but in all honesty, "it just works" I can run pokemon Cart and Rom with the gateway payload chainloaded via Luma on sysNAND 9.0

In luma3DS alone, i have to jump through hoops such as launching NTR to spoof firmware, etc. If i didn't want to use NTR, then i would just have to unnecessarily update to 11.2.

Gateway just works out of the box, straight up.
how do you get gateway?

ovusian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully this is the right place to put it, since I can't get the retail ROM of Sun or Moon to work!

I got a retail USA .3ds version from "that site" I'm using an old 3DS, with emunand updated to 11.2 and the latest gateway firmware/download. I tried using the header swap from a legit game cart I have, and it threw a bunch of errors saying "let me recommend a better value?" and I allowed it. Afterwards I used the GWsplitter tool to split the 4GB file into 2 2GB files, and loaded it onto the Gateway microSD. It recognizes it and loads it, but the game freezes just as it starts up at the "The game is preparing to load, and additional data is being created. Please do not remove your SD card or turn off the power."

I've left it alone for well over 30min to be sure it wasn't just insanely slow, but it's still stuck there. Any help?

EDIT: I'm currently splitting the ROM unaltered and I'll load that when it's done and update my post in the event other people are having similar problems. Either something is wrong with the gateway or my O3DS, or I messed up in the importing header function. Once I've loaded this version I'll know if it works by default or not before header tinkering.

EDIT/UPDATE: Looks like the fresh, unaltered retail ROM from "that site" for Sun AND Moon doesn't work with 11.2 Emunand on Gateway's latest release. It simply won't go past the "creating save data don't turn off or remove SD card" screen. Really frustrating! There seems to be so few people who are commenting on this, I expected there to be more info by this point. No idea if the CIA files work as I haven't got the space/configuration for that just yet.

Last edited by ovusian,

Mitaan

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
EDIT/UPDATE: Looks like the fresh, unaltered retail ROM from "that site" for Sun AND Moon doesn't work with 11.2 Emunand on Gateway's latest release. It simply won't go past the "creating save data don't turn off or remove SD card" screen. Really frustrating! There seems to be so few people who are commenting on this, I expected there to be more info by this point. No idea if the CIA files work as I haven't got the space/configuration for that just yet.

I'm having the same error. Is there any solution for this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica