ROM Hack Having Trouble Building a ROM

Kurausukun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm making a music hack for Pokemon ORAS. If I just build the romfs and patch it with HANS, it works perfectly, but I'd really like to be able to make it an entire ROM so I don't have to go through HANS to load it (I have CFW, so no problems there). I dumped my Alpha Sapphire game using Braindump, and used tools from this tutorial: http://asia81.webnode.fr/english-tutorials/3ds/3ds-rh/ to extract the romfs, exefs, and exheader. Everything seems to go without a hitch--I built my new romfs, and use 3DS Builder to make a new .3ds file using the new romfs file and the old exefs and exheader files. Then I use Simple 3DS CIA Converter so I can install it on my 3DS. However, no matter what I try, the game never loads--it never even gets to the 3DS splash screen that occurs right before a game is loaded. It just immediately says that an error has occurred, so I have to turn off my 3DS. Another thing is that the game has no logo or banner sound on the title screen, so I guess something's fucking up there as well. Does anyone have any better ways to rebuild 3DS roms, or am I missing something simple?

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm making a music hack for Pokemon ORAS. If I just build the romfs and patch it with HANS, it works perfectly, but I'd really like to be able to make it an entire ROM so I don't have to go through HANS to load it (I have CFW, so no problems there). I dumped my Alpha Sapphire game using Braindump, and used tools from this tutorial: http://asia81.webnode.fr/english-tutorials/3ds/3ds-rh/ to extract the romfs, exefs, and exheader. Everything seems to go without a hitch--I built my new romfs, and use 3DS Builder to make a new .3ds file using the new romfs file and the old exefs and exheader files. Then I use Simple 3DS CIA Converter so I can install it on my 3DS. However, no matter what I try, the game never loads--it never even gets to the 3DS splash screen that occurs right before a game is loaded. It just immediately says that an error has occurred, so I have to turn off my 3DS. Another thing is that the game has no logo or banner sound on the title screen, so I guess something's fucking up there as well. Does anyone have any better ways to rebuild 3DS roms, or am I missing something simple?
Dump your game with decrypt9 ("Dump & Decrypt cart (trim)"). Then, use the Asia81 tool kit to unpack your .3ds game. Repack as .3ds, and convert it to cia thanks to decrypt9 ("NCCH/NCSD to cia converter").
Maybe it will work then... X_X

edit: you have to compile the last commit.
edit n°2: or use that:
Okay, here's a new test build (or compile yourself from ciaconvfix branch):
https://transfer.sh/D6nZK/decrypt9wip-20160805-161051.zip

Last edited by RealityNinja,

Kurausukun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Decrypt9, but I can't use it to dump stuff because I only have it on the eShop, not a physical cart. Unless there's some way I'm unaware of to use Decrypt9 with downloaded titles?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could always use a different program to rebuild your files. I recently did the same with my own ROM hack for AS and used PK3DS to rebuild the RomFS/ExeFS and then used Asia's HackingToolKit to rebuild the .3DS and then used 3DS to CIA Simple3DS Converter using the NNCH xorpads from the .3DS created with the ToolKit. Works flawlessly.

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have Decrypt9, but I can't use it to dump stuff because I only have it on the eShop, not a physical cart. Unless there's some way I'm unaware of to use Decrypt9 with downloaded titles?
Or you can send your DecTitleKeys.bin on that title keys site, and then download your game with Ciangel as a .cia (then, decrypt it with decrypt9, and have fun with it thanks to the Asisa81 hack tool).

Kurausukun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I didn't update this for so long. Using a .cia from CIAngel worked perfectly; I guess the problem was braindump not dumping everything. I knew that it didn't do a "full" dump, but I figured it was enough for a romhack. Not the case, apparently, but a full .cia works just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)