Hacking Having slowdown issues with brand new acekard 2i

famicon_don

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my Acekard and all my roms work but with a few there is slowdown. The roms I have played with slowdown include super mario 64 ds, new super mario bros., and the intro video in professor layton and the diabolical box. The weird thing is that fast paced games like the castlevania ds games and sonic colors run perfectly fine. I thought Acekard was not supposed to have slowdown. My micro SDHC should not be slow as it is a class 6 Transcend brand card. Is there anything I can do to get rid of the slowdown? Do I need to get another micro SDHC card? Some people have mentioned something about changing the DMA mode on the Acekard but I don't know how to do that and see nothing in the akaio menu that will allow me to do so. What do you guys think?

D

Deleted-236924

Class has very little, if not nothing, to do with read speed.
Has your microSD cart ever been formatted properly with Panasonic's Formatter?

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a similar problem but with an Adata Class 6 chip. I did all the Panasonic formatting/setup and nothing worked. I tried a Kingston Class 4 and it worked perfectly. So I thought either I had a bad chip or my Acekard was finicky.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
my transcend 8gb class6 cards do not have issues with these games. neither do my 2gb japanese kingstons or my 4gb class4 kingstons.

try running them with patching turned off (cheats, soft-reset, etc) and see if it makes a difference.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1