Hacking Having problems with Wad Manager

MrUnoriginal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I set the cios to 249, NAND to disabled. My wad files are on a fat32 USB hdd in a folder in the root called wad. When I try to access the hdd I'm getting the ret -1 or when I try USB 2.0 I get the ret -2 error. Tried YAMMM (I think that's it) and same errors. Any advice?

miihackwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When you click on wad manager it gives you a choice to load from either SD card or usb, you have to scroll across, what version of multi-mod-manger are you using?

MrUnoriginal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, just check and I don't have ios236. It jumps fom 220 something to 249. The iOS thing is a little confusing to me, is there a simple all in one setup for all the ioses I might need?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks. A stupid question, but what do all the numbers actually mean and do?
The numbers are "slots" in wich code/ ios content can be installed.
ios 236 is a custom slot containing a patched ios36, renabling a bug, giving it permission to install stuff on your wii's NAND. ( simply said )
nowadays homebrew is able to add additional slots to your system ( all 200 and up ) , enabling to install custom content in those slots, wich various homebrew can revert to by loading these slots.
Your whole Wii loading sytem is structured this way somewhat.
A game calls for a slot number, Wii loads the instructionset that is in that slot. etc.
Same for homebrew, but can also load cutom slots containing homebrew code ( Cios )

236 is somwhat the standard cios/slot to use when you need acces/control to your wii's filesystem in this point of time.
It's part of the first steps after the HBC/ bootmii install, enabling installment of other cios, patching ios 36 but without modifying the original ios by installing it a custom made slot, 236.
Earlier ios36 was patched somewhat altering the original wii system, HBC and other apps can shown problems when this was the case.
homebrew and piracy do not go hand in hand.
ios 236 is very important in that regard.

MrUnoriginal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha, that does clear things up.
I did install 236 but when I tried WAD Manager and YAWMM with ios236, I was still getting the ret = -1 and ret = -2 errors. I didn't get a chance to try with MMM yet. Could it be something with the HDD itself? I'm currently using WiiFlow without any problems to load games in the game directory from the HDD.

miihackwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you by any chance using this on an emulated nand?, because I am getting the same error using an emu nand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.