Hacking Having Problems Using Inkektor

thomasroberts6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I wanted to make an Animal Crossing theme for the R4, just to see how it'd turn out.

I put the background on, and it worked fine.

Then i put the game icon on. When i downloaded the picture i was using for the icon, it was a .gif, so i changed the file extension to .jpg so it would work. [NOTE: i have changed file extensions of pictures numerous times before and it has never caused any problems or errors]However, when i tried to add it as the game icon, the Injektor screen froze, and an errormessage saying that injektor had to be shut down came up, asking whether i'd like to send an error report.

This happens every time, without fail.

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
in my experience unless you are using a programme like psp or ps you can't just change a gif file for a jpg. i could be wrong and someone may prove otherwise.
was the gif a multi frame gif or single frame, in other words was the picture moving?
smile.gif

thomasroberts6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, it was a normal still image.

And I dont know what you mean... Its easy to change a files ext... just click it twice and rename it!

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
i know what you're saying but the fact your programme is shutting down proves it has an issue with it.
change the file name back, go into a graphics programme like paint shop pro or even paint and change the format in there. it's a cleaner way of doing things and you are less inclined to have errors.
i did what you said with an original one frame gif and looked at the properties and it said it was now associated with psp9 once it was changed to a .jpg.
i then tried to open that file and when psp9 opened up it said "this is not a valid JPEG-JFIF file" and wouldn't open it. just because windows can see it doesn't mean it won't cause conflicts in other programmes which is what i was trying to tell you.
wink.gif

aren't you supposed to use for .bmp for themes
huh.gif

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
i've never used Inkektor so i have no idea. but that was definately your issue. i'd never dream of trying to change a picture file that way. i'd rather take an extra minute to open up psp9 and get it done that way.
smile.gif

XeroRestraint

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to make an Animal Crossing theme for the R4, just to see how it'd turn out.

I put the background on, and it worked fine.

Then i put the game icon on. When i downloaded the picture i was using for the icon, it was a .gif, so i changed the file extension to .jpg so it would work. [NOTE: i have changed file extensions of pictures numerous times before and it has never caused any problems or errors]However, when i tried to add it as the game icon, the Injektor screen froze, and an errormessage saying that injektor had to be shut down came up, asking whether i'd like to send an error report.

This happens every time, without fail.

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Trust me when I say this - all you are doing be changing the extension of the image (in Windows Explorer or any other OS's file browser) is changing the file name, not the format of the image. Like Shellleeson said you must use an image editing application to change the image format.

It's no surprise that , anecdotally, you have "done it before" without noticing problems. Many applications will allow you to open files with mismatched extensions as long as both formats are supported by the app.

zorgrage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
injektor don't support GIF file format .

you can use for exemple Xnview http://www.xnview.com to convert gif to another file format like png,bmp or jpg that are all three suported.

changing the extention of a file don't change the format of this file .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k