Hacking Having an incredibly hard time finding the right Firmware...

Vinchenz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone can help me with this? I turned on my DS Lite today and was greeted with this message:

"Please upgrade the hardware for support latest firmware"

Which is strange because it was working perfectly fine a week ago. So I went to the official website (www.r4isdhc.com) and tried looking for a new firmware. I downloaded any that seemed to be related to my card.

"Please upgrade the hardware for support latest firmware"

OK. So I search around. After trying a bunch of firmwares on linFox Domain (all under the correct website) and either I get the message above or it simply doesn't load. I also looked at the sticky here.

Please help me out! I've been going at this for two hours now with no luck...

I really wished I did more research on Flash Cards because this crappy clone has just been nothing but trouble. But I don't have cash to buy a new one... ._.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
There hasn't been a new kernel for the happy boxes for ages (because they suck). When that error message appears just backup what you have and format your card and reinstall.

Another thing you can do is try RetroGameFans Multicard update and follow the instructions for R4SDHC.

As a general rule you can only use kernels from the webaddress on the front of your cart. There are some exceptions to this rule and also there is also RGF multicart update as well which is designed to work on lots of different carts.

Vinchenz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just want the latest working kernel! I don't care about a new released.
ohnoes.png

Yeah, I tried a bunch of other firmwares that could possibly be related to my flash cart but it just won't go past that damn message! I also formatted the card (quick twice followed by a normal format) and tried but it still gives me that same message.

I tried another SD Card too and the same thing happened. Either my flash card is busted or I'm just using the wrong firmwares. I don't mind buying a new card but I'm not going to if the problem is just on my end.

Also, the card did stop running games so I just used TT/YSMenu to run them, there was no problem at all with that. I can't run TT/YSMenu unless I get past the boot screen though!

Vinchenz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I said I've already been on that website.

I just spent another two hours trying to get this thing working, and with a different SD card too. It's just not working. I guess the card itself is busted as anything that should work gives me the message, "Please upgrade the hardware for support latest firmware". Jeez, I spent all month waiting for my DSLite charger to get in and then this happens. :/

Are DSTWOs still good? My friend had one and every game worked without patches on it.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vinchenz said:
I said I've already been on that website.

I just spent another two hours trying to get this thing working, and with a different SD card too. It's just not working. I guess the card itself is busted as anything that should work gives me the message, "Please upgrade the hardware for support latest firmware". Jeez, I spent all month waiting for my DSLite charger to get in and then this happens. :/

Are DSTWOs still good? My friend had one and every game worked without patches on it.
DSTWOs are great, but if you just wanna play DS games then you can consider getting an Acekard 2, EZ Flash V, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, I've never seen you in a while. How's that game getting on?
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Unity is a asshole and I want to set it on fire
    +1
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.