Having an emulator boot straight into a rom

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by magnitudeten, May 2, 2017.

1. magnitudeten
    OP

magnitudeten Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2016
    Canada
    I am working on a special project for a disabled relative. I softmodded this wii with the goal of having snes9x boot straight up when the console is turned on, and then having snes9x autoload mario all stars + mario world.

I vaguely remember how to get the console to boot snes9x with priiloader or bootloader whatever the name was. Only problem is I don't know how to get snes9x to boot straight into a rom like that...

If anybody could help me that would be amazing.

Alternatively having it autoboot into a vc inject of that rom would work just as well, if possible.

Last edited by magnitudeten, May 2, 2017
  2. beerbarian

beerbarian Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2017
    priiloader is what you are thinking of; it can make the Wii boot into homebrew programs off SD card, instead of the system menu.
    but I'm fairly certain it cannot make it jump straight to VC channels, since those are launched by system menu.
    I just booted into mine to poke around in priiloader, only SD homebrew titles are available to choose as the 'installed file' from which to auto boot.
    if they have the classic controller, they can just pointer over to the VC title on the home screen using the left analog stick and launch from there?
    maybe with some priiloader settings or other system menu hacks you can lock it down so that's pretty much all that can be done.

3. magnitudeten
    OP

magnitudeten Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2016
    Canada
    I figured out priiloader (been a few years since I had to install any of this stuff) and I have it booting to snes9x.

The person Im doing this for is mentally and physically disabled. So I have a raphnet nes to gamecube adapter and a quickshot joystick suction cupped to a wheelchair tray. Just to give you an idea of what limitations I'm working with.

I could maybe get away with having the snes9x menu open but Im just trying to make this set up as fool proof as possible so she cant get into any settings by accident and isnt intimidated by any menus. The staff at her home are completely useless if something was to be changed by accident and she couldnt play anymore... Like say if she changed the button mapping or something.

It would just be a lot better in this particular application if it booted straight into the rom.

4. JustMeDaFaq

JustMeDaFaq Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2017
    Germany
    Dunno if it's already possible in current Emulators. Tho, if not, someone could just recompile it with some minor changes. Not having much time tho, if you're able wait 1-days, i look into it :)

5. magnitudeten
    OP

magnitudeten Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2016
    Canada
    That would be amazing. Hopefully its not too much trouble. No worries, I got time.

6. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Auto booting VC ROM (channel/inject) should work fine.

Surely install forwarder to the vc as the installed DOL within priiloader, auto boot that DOL = on start up the forwarder loads the VC without button presses at all (with auto press A at health screen enabled).

?