Having all sorts of issues.

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by MrHuk, Jan 14, 2011.

Jan 14, 2011

Having all sorts of issues. by MrHuk at 10:05 PM (467 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. MrHuk
    OP

Newcomer MrHuk Member

United Kingdom
    Hi all,

I don't know if this is normal DSi behaviour but a lot of the games I try have issues, they either run slowly/laggy, crash, flicker or freeze. For example CSI: Unsolved crashes at the start of the first mission, Telly Addicts freezes when Noel starts speaking in the beginning and Dragon Quest flickers. Some games work perfectly though, Mario Kart for example has no issues.

I've tried reformatting several times with the SDFormatter but that's not helped, I've also tried several different versions of the ROMS.

I'm using a DSi XL with an Acekard 2i (latest AKAIO) and an 8GB Sandisk C4 MicroSDHC. I'm planning to order a new Samsung C6 extreme speed MicroSDHC, which will hopefully help as I've heard the Sandisk cards can cause the slow down problem.

So I'm wondering is there something I can do? Or are these problems just side effects of using a flashcart?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

2. MrHuk
    OP

Newcomer MrHuk Member

United Kingdom
    I just thought I'd post an update, I got the Samsung C6 extreme speed MicroSDHC today and I've just finished installing everything and wow, honest to God, wow. I never knew a different card could make so much difference, and it's not like I had an awful one before. The new card has fixed ALL my problems, games that wouldn't work now work, games that ran in slow motion are now 100% fluid, load times are halved, all screen flickering has gone and it's a joy to use.

For comparison:

Sandisk C4 8GB

Read: 6.2MB
    Write: 4.68MB

Samsung C6 8GB

Read: 14.7MB
    Write: 9.8MB

I honestly can't recommend this card enough.