ROM Hack Have someone tried to undub FE fates Special Edition EUR ?

Monti

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, sorry if I'm reviving this thread needlessly, but I honestly need help. I've been trying for three days to patch my EU Special Edition of Fates with different methods, including the one described in this thread. Even if in HANS my path isn't invalid, I still only get the black screen or a white line on the left side. I've tried a bunch of stuff I found in YouTube comments and comments on different threads here, but I can't seem to find what's wrong.

Changing "@E" to "@U" in the "m" folder doesn't work, shortening the romfs name to 8 digits only gets me to the black screen, using an older version of braindump to dump the game doesn't work (even the unpatched romfs didn't work with this) and now HANS won't even start anymore. It just goes straight to the white lines on the left.

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to this stuff, so I would honestly appreciate any tips on what I could do now.

koyuki38

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi

If you want, there is patched CIA and roms on that ISO site.

In my case, i gave up on the Hans patch creation, i can't make it working. So keep the rom i patched and turned it into CIA. I play on the CIA and i transfert save to my retail game when i want to use online features.

I don't excatly know what doesn't work on your side because when i tried hans with FE fates i just ended with 3DS freeze because i could event see the title ID and screen parameter.

have you tried to create a patched rom or cia before trying to create a hans patch ?

Last edited by koyuki38,

Monti

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi

If you want, there is patched CIA and roms on that ISO site.

In my case, i gave up on the Hans patch creation, i can't make it working. So keep the rom i patched and turned it into CIA. I play on the CIA and i transfert save to my retail game when i want to use online features.

I don't excatly know what doesn't work on your side because when i tried hans with FE fates i just ended with 3DS freeze because i could event see the title ID and screen parameter.

have you tried to create a patched rom or cia before trying to create a hans patch ?

Okay, thanks a lot for your help! I've found a CIA that I want to try, but I can't use BigBlueMenu. It's recommended, but I'm stuck on 10.5 because my browser is locked. I keep getting the update prompt and no exploit seems to be able to remove it, so right now I'm trying to somehow install rxTools anyway. I'm expecting to run into more trouble though, so are there other ways to use the CIA?

EDIT: I ended up using an English-patched romfs (EU) from that ISO site and just applied the other patches I wanted. It all went pretty smoothly cause that romfs worked perfectly right away and all I had to do was add the other patches. I'm playing right now and so far everything's working.

Last edited by Monti,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F