Hacking Have a problem with my Acekard2i!

phrostbyte

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys remember that patch that enabled the acekard2i firmware to work with the DSi 1.5 firmware? Well, I installed that patch onto my acekard2i to get it working. If I recall correctly there were two versions and I installed the DSi version, not the DS Lite version...

Flash forward to more recently and I sold my DSi, and now only have an DS and DS Lite. The card isn't working with the DS Lite... anyone have a suggestion?

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's a 1.5 firmware for the DSi?
blink.gif

phrostbyte

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I meant firmware 1.4.

The card is in there pretty tight.. even when I press it down all the way it still doesn't recognize it!

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
phrostbyte said:
Put the paper and tape where? And how do I format it? I guess I would have to format it in the regular DS..
on the back maybe? *sigh*
format is really simple: 1. put your sd in the reader and the reader in the computer. 2: BACK UP YOUR FILES! and use panasonic formatter, can be found in the download section, and format it properly at FAT32. Then put all your files back on and it should work

kohkindachi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I've problem with ds lite too :k Maybe u can confirm with your friend again by lending his dsi and ds lite? In this case we can conclude that ak2i doesn't work well with lite..grrrr....

setya5785

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
ak2i work well with lite
i use it on lite, there also everal friend of mine that also use ak2i on their lite. no problem so far.
my ak2i also patched with language patch and 1.4 fix
smile.gif
(not that it matter if using lite, i guess)

phrostbyte

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the replies... I still havent't been able to figure it out. Even after applying the 1.4 DSLite patch and installing AKAOI 1.5

Still nothing... oh and scrtmstr, those are instructions for formatting the microSD card, not the Acekard2i.. is there any way to format and reinstall the firmware for the Acekard2i?

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well, all u have to do is back up all your games and home brew and important stuff except the firmware(akaio or official) and then format your msd so it gets rid of all corrupted and/or hidden files
then re-download akaio or official firmware and then try

thats how u re-install ak2i's firmware
remember to put everything back after u put the new firmware in

phrostbyte

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I'll give it a shot. I found this post in another thread:

QUOTE said:
Download sd formatter, format your sd card and then reinstall AKAIO 1.5 (the _aio/ folder and the akmenu4.nds file).
Get the latest loader here and put it in the _aio/loaders folder (not in the _aio/ak2loader folder, it's make for use the official loader in it)
It should work fine.

So that's apparently where I put my loader files... but what about ak2loader files? This site is giving me a 404:

http://akaio.gbatemp.net:8080/nloaders/

phrostbyte

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My DSLite still won't read it..
frown.gif

I think installing that Acekard2i 1.4 patch for the DSi probably screwed it up... my only question is how come it works on the old DS but not the DSLite??

Twilight Loz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably your ds lite hates flashcarts..... idk what the problem is but try formatting the quick format the ds lite (just take out the battery and place it back in), this will enable to it on the delivery status. I took out the battery for the ds phat and it went to its delivery status but i dunno about the lite. Just try taking the battery out and place it bk in.

phrostbyte

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I need a really tiny screw driver to take the battery out I guess... I'd probably have to order one online I might as well just buy a new flash cart when R4's are like $5.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twilight Loz said:
probably your ds lite hates flashcarts..... idk what the problem is but try formatting the quick format the ds lite (just take out the battery and place it back in), this will enable to it on the delivery status. I took out the battery for the ds phat and it went to its delivery status but i dunno about the lite. Just try taking the battery out and place it bk in.

Heh, I did that to my DS Lite a long time ago and it does reset itself. You probably have to leave it out for a short time to completely reset it though.

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
phrostbyte said:
Thanks for all the replies... I still havent't been able to figure it out. Even after applying the 1.4 DSLite patch and installing AKAOI 1.5

Still nothing... oh and scrtmstr, those are instructions for formatting the microSD card, not the Acekard2i.. is there any way to format and reinstall the firmware for the Acekard2i?
it's not possible i think, because it doesn't have memory inside, only a chip which contains the bootloader and that's reflashable, if i'm correct. The firmware itself is on the SDcard. Try another ds flash card or a normal game, maybe your dslite is screwed up. Probably your acerkard tough

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE