Haunted Memories

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
let us time to read and get interested, then do a little search, etc.
Not everybody is online at the same time, and we don't read all new threads every day.

if nobody is interested, then you'll have no reply, but maybe one day you'll get one! you are not in hurry anymore, it's been years you wait for it :P

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
We had many vhs tapes without knowing what cartoons each tape had.

One night me and my brother decided to watch one of those old vhs tapes.

My mother said to my brother to change the tape

Afraid that it will happen to me my brother and my mother started looking for the tv controller to stop the video.

the human brain is so funny, you (you the person reading this sentence, not OP) was thinking about "other story\ending" i don't even need to say anything, you know exactly what i am talking. isn't the brain amazing?

BACK TO NORMAL THREAD
when i was a kiddo i always got freaked out in a part of roger rabbit.. the part where the villain melts in acid the nice cute cartoon shoe...
the moment i saw the shoe, i felt sympathies and really loved his cuteness and innocence. but then a few seconds later he gets a really awful death...
i still can't get over it.. when i think about it i still get freaked out and get nervous... it's someting that haunts my brain for a long time
however if i do watch roger rabbit now as an adult, the scene doesn't affect me that much and i am kinda "meh"... which it's weird

Kostilaks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yup. I know that feeling bro. i used to get scared by Pingu. but the need to find this cartoon is even bigger than Lucky Luke's weird eyes :P

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Lol there are lots of things that might have been scary or interesting but if you actually find out when you are an adult you will just be wondering how this could have been scary or interesting at all ^^V

about 24 years or even more ago there was a Series with people that went into some kind of forgotten world like all these center of earth and jurassic park and whatever movies there are and there were some kind of "monsters" living in dark caves trying to get the survivors to eat them and as a kid this made me become scared of cave like things like the basement of my old place (the entrance was kinda like a cave) so even 20 years later when I got home and the door to the basement was open I was scared like shit even though it doesnt make sense at all.

Its getting better lately but damn some times this was really hard on me ! when I had to go to school in Winter it was always so dark and sometimes the light didn't properly work ... once someone even locked the door so that I was standing right next to the opened basement with hardly any light and was trying to open that stupid door while completely shaking out of fear.

Kostilaks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
maybe I should change the topic. people are writing about scary stuff only without trying to find any...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks to the good ending of a haunted memory that I had as a child (http://gbatemp.net/threads/creepy-hidden-easter-egg-in-an-snes-game.476531/page-3#post-7438304)
I decided to create this topic.

When I was a kid my parents used to record cartoons from tv to vhs tapes. We had many vhs tapes without knowing what cartoons each tape had. Most of them had random cartoons, some full, some unfinished because we used to use the same vhs to record something new. One night me and my brother decided to watch one of those old vhs tapes. It was exciting to do since we didn't know what the tape contains. The tape started showing different cartoons mostly mickey and donald shorts etc. When the donald short finished a new cartoon started showing. Unfortunately it was a part of it cause as i said before my parents used to reuse the same tapes to record new stuff. The saved part of the cartoon was 3-5 minutes. It showed a little kid skiing in a mountain full of snow at night and a creepy creature chasing it. The animation was very unique and the atmosphere was creepy. The music was soooooooo weird and unique that I cant describe it. My mother said to my brother to change the tape cause this cartoon used to give nightmares to my brother. Afraid that it will happen to me my brother and my mother started looking for the tv controller to stop the video. but the couldn't find it. Thanks to their reaction I was given the creeps more and didn't take a second my eyes from the tv while they were looking for the controller and telling me to stop watching cause its scary. "Oh no the scary part comes" said my brother and the creepy creature was in front of the kid with the skiis, staring it. There was a pause moment between them and there was a sudden sound (as if a plate or a vase broke) and the kid gasped. Unfortunately, at that moment a new cartoon started playing. (it was recorded over the creepy part) My brother phewed and said to my mother that I was lucky I didn't see that. I asked my brother and mother what is the cartoon name and they didn't know one day they just randomly record that part thinking that it will be a good cartoon to have in our collection. I asked then what why it was not full and they told me that my brother first watched years before I was born and got so scared that had nightmares so they decided to erase it from the tape. I asked what happens next and they said that the creature gets a scary eyes and attacks the child. I remember showing the tape to my friends after school asking them if they had seen the specific cartoon but they said no and that iwas really creepy. many years later when I growed up I asked my brother if he remembers anything from it and he said pretty much the same. I don't have this tape anymore cause we got rid all of them when the dvd player replaced vhs.

TIMELINE.
My brother first saw the cartoon between 1997-1998. He got scared so my mother decided to erase the cartoon by recording something new over it. only 2 minutes survived.
At 1999 accidentally we saw the surviving 2 minutes of it.
For years it has been haunting me and I remember showing to friends til 2002.
At 2010 I remembered it and started asking people again in forums. No luck

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't remind this very well like what I was doing so I will make up it a bit to don't sound confusing, but like, I'm not sure abou the exaclty year or if I was playing or was on pc lol
one time, around 2000 ( I was 9) me playing N64 on the kitchen at night , I just felt like my bro passing behing me and going to the "storeroom"(how to call despença?lol), the light turned on and I keep there playing for a while. I don't saw him passing again and the light there was on, so I went there to talk with him, but there was no one there, I called him and he was on his room, I asked if he went there and told me that haven't ... I could not play alone at night there for a time lololo

The light switch on that room where bad, maybe someone not turned it off at all and it turned on alone :B

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: if i have time for that