Gaming Has the Halo DS Dev Demo ever been Dumped?

edit_text

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realize that it is highly unlikely as there were probably only a handful in existence at any given time. I do however hope that this project is brought back to life, now that Bungie has earned some independence from Microsoft. Maybe that is what this big announcement is that we are waiting for. (Unlikely, as Microsoft was the one to put the stop to the announcement at E3, I think) I would really like to know what others would thik about a Halo DS. If anyone is intrested there is fotage of it out there somewhere. It surfaced sometime late last year.

e_t

P

pasc

no dump yet, neither will there be.

BTW:

We get Call of Duty V with online, who needs Halo ? Moon and C.O.R.E should also satisfie our FPS needs. Although if it was to turn out good... why not ?

edit_text

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't help but hope I think it is the one game that would convince some of my stubborn friends that the DS is a viable platform, But I must say I have been impressed with the FPS on the DS so far, cod4 was far better than I expected. Besides I am a big fan of the Halo series, but I will admit I don't know how the game has stayed so strong as the premier online FPS so far.

e_t

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FPS's on the DS are uncomfortable for me, I like them best on PC and Wii. I'm also hopeless with dual analog controls
tongue.gif

I do like them in short bursts though, so I would like a mission based game with missions no longer than 15-20 minutes (about the same time for the uncomfortable cramps to set in).

The Halo DS game was a weird one though, according to the video that Matt Cassamassina made, you had to use the right trigger, left trigger and touch screen all at the same time to double wield weapons. It would be even more awkward and uncomfortable.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
It was never made in the first place.
How can you deny it when even IGN has legit videos of it running.

Back on topic. It will never be dumped. Microsoft would hunt down the person who let it out if it happened. I was never a fan of FPS on DS though. Its was Metroid Prime Hunters that turned me off to it. The online could be so crazy and people jumping around; I couldn't keep up. But I must admit Dementium was great because it was never about crazy action.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
Hadrian said:

Back on topic. It will never be dumped. Microsoft would hunt down the person who let it out if it happened. I was never a fan of FPS on DS though. Its was Metroid Prime Hunters that turned me off to it. The online could be so crazy and people jumping around; I couldn't keep up. But I must admit Dementium was great because it was never about crazy action.
lol

That was a GoldenEye Rogue Agent mod! The IGN guy admitted it.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
dinofan01 said:
Hadrian said:

lol

That was a GoldenEye Rogue Agent mod! The IGN guy admitted it.

Thank god I refreshed the page before hitting Add Reply.

Damn my lame typing skills.

And yeah, wasn't it just a re-skin?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry it wasn't the IGN guy who said it was it was Brian Jarrard from Bungie itself, he said it was a unsolicited pitch that was never taken on.

edit_text

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm just a skin... I think I just cried a little inside. I was going of the info on wikipedia that said even a Bungie dev said it was real, but just a idea pitch that never made it to light. However, any FPS on a handheld has an uphill battle there is a stigma that they are no good. (It is a well earned stigma.) The only franchise i think I would enjoy more would be Serious Sam.

e_t

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know some people will believe and some people wont whatever.
Still here is a link.
Believe it or not; I dont care. Its like aliens; some people believe some people don't.(as silly as it sounds)

It doesn't matter too me; it doesn't matter to you. Lets just let it go because in the end if it was real or if it wasn't we will never play it.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it was just a practical joke by IGN. You could tell it was video playing on the DS, not actual real-time gameplay. Go back to Casamassina's blog, look up the video and watch it closely. You'll see they're not really playing it. A pretty mean prank, but funny all the same.

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Batman55 said:
FPS's on the DS are uncomfortable for me, I like them best on PC and Wii. I'm also hopeless with dual analog controls
tongue.gif

I do like them in short bursts though, so I would like a mission based game with missions no longer than 15-20 minutes (about the same time for the uncomfortable cramps to set in).

The Halo DS game was a weird one though, according to the video that Matt Cassamassina made, you had to use the right trigger, left trigger and touch screen all at the same time to double wield weapons. It would be even more awkward and uncomfortable.
Well they're quite neat with a thumb-stylus, pity they don't give those out with DSs anymore, I had to buy one just to try
biggrin.gif

Anyway it's nice but the new FPSs aren't usually designed with it in mind, with which I mean use the R trigger and put virtual buttons on the right side. Goldeneye has the separate shooting which is quite cool with a thumbstylus but with a normal one that weird switching has to be used and MPH has jumping. I have no idea why COD4 has shooting on both L and R tho, the other trigger could be used for iron sights instead of that silly doubletap
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...