Hacking Has 'N' given up on the wii?

Will Nintendo release a new firmware for the Wii?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hero-Link said:
WiiPower said:
PS: What is the most re-released game of all? Ocarina of Time has a N64, gamecube, wii and 3ds release, which game has more?

Resident Evil 4.
Gamecube, PS2, PC, Wii, Iphone, Ipad.

Doesn't count to me, i read that it's mission based on iphone and ipad, so it's not the full game.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
QUOTE said:
Has 'N' given up on the wii?

Yes because they cant figure out the title ID of the homebrew channel
rolleyes.gif

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
Hero-Link said:
WiiPower said:
PS: What is the most re-released game of all? Ocarina of Time has a N64, gamecube, wii and 3ds release, which game has more?

Resident Evil 4.
Gamecube, PS2, PC, Wii, Iphone, Ipad.

Doesn't count to me, i read that it's mission based on iphone and ipad, so it's not the full game.
Rayman 2 counts?
tongue.gif

Anyhow, there probably will be a update for Wii and 3DS June 7th, for connectivity (nintendo channel/new games) make Wii compatible with Zelda skyward sword?
Idk something..

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DeadlyFoez said:
I have my doubts that Zelda will come out for the Wii. I bet they will just make it for their next system since it is so close. It's not like that them releasing Zelda for the wii will cause anyone to go out and buy a wii at this point, but them releasing Zelda for their next console will certainly help drive up sales right away and it will help for that console to have a good opening line up of games.... unlike what they did with the 3DS.

I have my doubts about that. It seems to rumor that the new console Nintendo is bringing, will be on par, or even higher specs than todays console market.
Looking at the dev screens of the new zelda, I think it will be a Wii only title.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think there will come a new firmware, but not with a lot of changes. I'd suspect it to have maybe a new function to use, or a bug update or something, but that's it. The first big update from now will probably an update for the system that will be born out of Project Café.

Yay; 47-47

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Waflix said:
I think there will come a new firmware, but not with a lot of changes. I'd suspect it to have maybe a new function to use, or a bug update or something, but that's it. The first big update from now will probably an update for the system that will be born out of Project Café.

Yay; 47-47
What kind of 'bugs' can they fix? What kind of improvements can N do to this system at this point that they have not taken the time to do while the wii was still in it's prime? Nothing N can do will make a surge in sales. All the programmers are working on bigger and better things. I HIGHLY doubt there will be a new system menu version.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
SifJar said:
WiiBricker said:
QUOTE said:
Has 'N' given up on the wii?

Yes because they cant figure out the title ID of the homebrew channel
rolleyes.gif
I assume that's a joke? It is widely known that the title ID is 0xaf1bf516 - the first 4 bytes of the DSi Common Key.

Hard to detect sarcasm on a forum, isn't it?
rolleyes.gif

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
Rydian said:
While the developers at Nintendo know the deal, a lot of shareholders don't, a lot of heads of gaming companies don't, and more. Nintendo still wants to look good to these people.
I see what you're saying, but aren't all the share holders caring about the next biggest thing that will create a boom in profits when it comes out instead of an obsolete electronic device that is not making as high of a profit margin anymore?
Or another reason they might b doing so well in sales could b that now that the people know about the D3-2 chip that potential Wii owners r now and most likely targeting the older systems (Without the D3-2 chip) just 2 solely hack the hell out of it 4 fun!! lol

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this thread seems kind of stupid. ever since 4.0, nintendo has released ONE update per year, usually in the fall. this year will probably be no different.

and as for another question in this thread, FFIV.

SNES, PSX, PSP, Wonderswan Color, GBA, NDS, Wii VC, and i-Mode cell phones.

that's 8 platforms, right there.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sweenish said:
this thread seems kind of stupid. ever since 4.0, nintendo has released ONE update per year, usually in the fall. this year will probably be no different.

and as for another question in this thread, FFIV.

SNES, PSX, PSP, Wonderswan Color, GBA, NDS, Wii VC, and i-Mode cell phones.

that's 8 platforms, right there.
Doom-
Windows, BeOS, NEXTSTEP, Solaris, Linus, Amiga, Mac OS, Acom RISC OS, Atari Jaguar, Sega 32x, Playstaion, Sega Saturn, Super Nintendo, 3DO, N64, Game boy advance, Tapwave Zodiac, Xbox, Xbox 360, Iphone/ipod touch, Flash, Java

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wouldn't expect much from Ninty now maybe Zelda on both Wii and the new system like they did with Twilight Princess but I doubt there will be much in way of features or updates if anything at this stage.
In short Wii is dead enjoy your new "retro" system.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
Wiisel said:
true but i'll still keep it around to play emulation (until the new system is hacked
tongue.gif
) and now and than mario, zelda and metroid games

Yeah my Wii has been and I hope remains the best ever SNES even tho I'm still debating if I should unbox my SNES classic I prefer it for classic ninty action more than any other system to date.
Whilst the Wii may be dead, I'm sure a few exclusives and brew will keep it going much like DC has with maybe the hope of the odd third party release every once in a while.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiisel said:
I wouldn't expect much from Ninty now maybe Zelda on both Wii and the new system like they did with Twilight Princess but I doubt there will be much in way of features or updates if anything at this stage.
You forgot about the new Kirby game and Rhythm Tengoku Wii. I don't think it's dead yet.

troy512

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
System menu 5.0 running on ios254 v65280 or v65281, which ever would brick a homebrewed wii.

run hackmii installer and automatically bricks your wii with bootmii/ios installation, thats wonderful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [He will] only make $1.5 million per night after taxes. Poor guy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My stupid computer chair keeps slowly going down, but I don't notice it goes down, until I'm like reaching up to my desk. I just bought this f er last year.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Does Bruno Mars is gay?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    K3nv2 would know...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only for Bakers
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard he has a Wario fetish, but only if no Wizards are around.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    jk with you Bakerman, much love. fist bump.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He really knows how to kneed the dough
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Man. I can't wait til CTGP 8 comes out on Switch, been waiting forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Boners Makes me wanna play Duck Hunt NES
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pooping nice
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is a "Poop de Boop"? I've heard it mentioned several times now but have no idea and can't find anything online bout it. Is it a British term for restroom/bathroom or something?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It is a perfume
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do we have virgin islands if it's populated
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They should change the name to K3Nv2's Mom islands. (Or before he responds, My Wifeys Islands)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah me saying that's more predictable than you talking about my mom
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hence urewifes so predictable she'd buy every man on the virgin islands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or they buy her
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    true dat, on that note I'ma try go get some myself, peace!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess she doesn't need to be bought she has your money
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/-GDjDECLDG0?si=MNEjk8rkmioj1xE2