Has my 3DS been blocked from wifi? Error code : 003-4199

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by Neo Draven, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Neo Draven
    OP

Member Neo Draven End Boss of the Entire Internet

United States
    Yesterday, I was using SwapNote and exchanged a few messages with a friend. Afterwards, I noticed that my 3DS would no longer connect to Wifi. Same router, same everything. Changed nothing.

I can't access the web browser, the eShop or SwapNote. I tested my connection, and it's stayed stuck on the Connection Test for several minutes now, but it shows wifi as being enabled.

I DO use an AceKard2i as my primary card. I was wondering if Nintendo actually banned my system from connecting to wifi. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I really hope I am not the first person to have my 3DS blocked from accessing wifi functionality for using a flash card.

2. BoxmanWTF

Member BoxmanWTF ♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫

Canada
    Try connecting to different routers to see if the problem persists

EDIT: I looked up your error code, and I'm pretty sure it's your router that's the problem.
    You could try going into your router settings and look for the 3ds when it attempts to connect

Also, you could try deleting your settings, and starting up a connection to your router from scratch.

3. Neo Draven
    OP

Member Neo Draven End Boss of the Entire Internet

United States
    I tried removing my flash card and then rebooting the 3DS, then trying again. It took about three minutes, trying to test the connection, before it finally connected.

I knew that by reading the terms of the updates that I've installed that Nintendo CAN update my 3DS without my permission, and after having been banned from XLA for being stupid and not patching games properly, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo had gotten smarter about locking down their system.

If the problem continues, I will report back.

Edit: No issues since that date. I was able to download the new RE demo and everything.

No idea what the problem was.

4. Dothackjhe

Newcomer Dothackjhe Advanced Member

Philippines
    4 years thereafter I am getting the same problem just now with my unit. The problem only occurred after failing to update my unit's supposed emunand version. Anyone got any idea on how to fix this issue?