has gameplayfun.com been confirmed legit yet?

Discussion in 'Online Stores and Purchases' started by kueldood, Apr 25, 2011.

Apr 25, 2011
  1. kueldood
    OP

Newcomer kueldood Newbie

United States
    i really don't know about this site.
    i ordered my dstwo off of that site yesterday.
    but you know, this site was on shoptemp so i didn't really think it could be a bad site.
    until i saw how fake the reviews for the site looked (mind i saw these after i ordered my dstwo)
    so has any one bought and received items from gameplayfun.com yet?
    kinda scared i wasted 40 bucks (sdcard/dstwo)
    thank you,
    Aidan.

2. bashscrazy

Member bashscrazy GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    heres a thread about it
    CLICKY
    a lot of people are saying its fake
    but some people say its real as they bought stuff from it
    it's under acekards resellers page
    but the website isn't under supercard's dealer page in USA

3. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    I heard if you write a good review about it they bribe you with a legit Acekard2i...

4. Sausage Head

Banned Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Netherlands
    And, of course they spam the news page with "No Clone!!!! No Clone!!!!"

5. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    all their reviews are fake, and so are they.

one of the worst shop on shoptemp

6. tanuki1980

Newcomer tanuki1980 Member

United States
    Well that "fake" site sent me my Acekard 2i a few weeks ago for $14 shipped.Got it in 2 days and the seller even responded to a shipping question I had almost immediately at 3 in the morning.They're good in my book although I too am not very happy with the fake reviews.

7. Miss Panda

Member Miss Panda GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I find it curious when people who have no posts to their name suddenly appear to defend a seller.

8. tanuki1980

United States
    Been a member for 2 1/2 years,rarely visit this site and mainly lurk anyways....what's your point?You've been a member for almost 4 years and barely have over 100 posts,does that make you more trustworthy or better than me somehow?I only post when I need help which never happens but I figured I would give my feedback on that site since I've seen it catching a lot of flak lately for the fake reviews and supposed bribes.I'm at least trying to contribute useful information,not just wasting bandwidth with useless posts like the one above. [​IMG]

9. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    Just to put it out there... I bought an Acekard2i from them and it works just fine. It's a confirmed real card, came 3DS compatible, and with the Micro SD reader.

As for the Supercard... I have no idea on what's up with that but once your shipment comes in please leave a comment here about the service [​IMG]

10. ninditsu

Member ninditsu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i only find it unnerving when a reseller defender comes up with a first post and just joined from within a month or earlier.

i'm going to trust whatever gbatemp trusts, not blindly, but those would be the first shops i would check out

11. nutella

Member nutella Low Glycemic Index

Australia
    The superfluous and offensive use of colored text and custom mouse cursors leads me to believe the site is dodgy as fuck. No experience with them, but from a basic scan of the website, I wouldn't even think about buying anything from there, whether they're a legit website or not.

12. Miss Panda

Member Miss Panda GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Gba temp doesn't state they are trustworthy though. Not any of these shops on there. Anyone can advertise on there complete with fake reviews if they feel like it. There is no vetting process that I can see.

13. OmegaVesko

Member OmegaVesko GBAtemp Regular

Yugoslavia
    "We are the Only Real Authorized R4, CycloDS, Acekard DSTwo Dealer in USA."

Add the custom cursor and NO CLONE!!!!11!!!111! spamming, and I wouldn't even think of buying anything from them.

14. tanuki1980

United States
    Well just to sum it up.I got my Acekard 2i pre updated and so did Nebz.Maybe you guys can just let it be and quit over analyzing every new shop that comes about?Maybe they're leaving fake reviews because everyone that orders from them are too busy/lazy to leave a REAL review?Or maybe they get frustrated when they write a review as I did only to find out when you submit it it's lost due to the fact that Shoptemp isn't linked to your GBATemp account and you need to sign in before leaving a review?This is all a big joke,Buy from who you want and leave the ones you don't want alone.The thread was started asking if they were legit.If you have NOT ordered from them you have NO right posting in here.You can't base your opinion on hearsay,post your experience from actual interaction with said site.If it wasn't for the allowance of hacking/flashcart talk I would think I was on gamefaqs sometimes aroud here. [​IMG]

15. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    what ever is legit about them disappear the moment they started these shady tactics
    nothing legit about this fake shop at all

16. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

as long as they deliver your order correctly i dont see why they arent legit?
    they posted the fake reviews to attract more people and get more sales, thats another point... now if you care about ethics like that, why are you even playing backups in the first place?

anyhow sometimes orders go wrong, it happens to every single shop in the world, look what happened to the shoptemp.com web store...

17. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    I don't care who say this, but damn it, I may be a pirate myself, but I care about ethics and indeed care about honesty. Fake reviews on a site doesn't make a site look better, it only makes me worry more about the quality and legitimacy of their products. I would much rather have site with no reviews than fake reviews because at least I know with no reviews their not trying to fluff up their site.

18. Mbmax

Member Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Antarctica
    Aren't they those who offered a free ak2i for a 5 stars review on shoptemp ? [​IMG]

edit : seems ...

19. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    what's the point of this...
    seems like the legitimacy of shoptemp is second priority

edit:
    have you notice the growing list of fake reviews from this fake shop?

20. Sausage Head

Banned Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Netherlands
    Even if they were legit, they DO NOT DESERVE THE MONEY. They are making fun of a FREE COMMUNITY-BASED WEBSITE, that does EVERYTHING IT CAN to spread their knowledge of flashcarts to beginners.