has gameplayfun.com been confirmed legit yet?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Costello said:
as long as they deliver your order correctly i dont see why they arent legit?
they posted the fake reviews to attract more people and get more sales, thats another point... now if you care about ethics like that, why are you even playing backups in the first place?

anyhow sometimes orders go wrong, it happens to every single shop in the world, look what happened to the shoptemp.com web store...
I agree with you that as long as the dealer is actually shipping products they are perfectly legit

However, fake reviews should be immediately taken off, the ones that are obviously fake 5-stars should not have the same weight as an honest review from a person who bought something from them(i just reported every single fake review on gameplayfun, expecting them to be removed)

P.S. I lol'd that their page on shoptemp says "GamePlayFun - Acekard2i $13 No Clone Lowest in USA Reviews"

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
QUOTE said:
what's the point of this...
QUOTE said:
The above features have been long requested and they will hopefully allow us to keep a cleanand fully legitimate review center; your reports will be particularly useful for that matter.
...if you're gonna allow this,
Costello said:
they posted the fake reviews to attract more people and get more sales
and this.
DSDisco said:
As some of you may know, GamePlayFun has recently sent out e-mails this week to some members of their site, offering a free NEW AceKard 2i for exchange for a 5-Star Review on ShopTemp.
seems like the legitimacy of shoptemp is second priority

edit:
have you notice the growing list of fake reviews from this fake shop?

you don't understand what I said:
the fake reviews were deleted and I have sent a warning to the shop.

The new reviews that this shop has now, are from actual customers. The shop can show proof of it, and we have IP addresses too.

Sausage Head

Lord Sausage LXIX
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Could you please say to them to stop spamming the news page full of advertisements with "NO CLONE!!! NO CLONE!!!"? It's hardly readable and it's terrible annoying for if people want to see actual news.

amf66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's been a while since the last post, but I thought I ought to say something since I ordered from gameplayfun about a month ago. Yes the website is shady as hell, and yes it makes your cursor turn into mario, but I said "screw it" and ordered an Acekard2i from them. They said that I had ordered an Acekard2, which I did not want and a quick email fixed that problem. The emails had atrocious grammar but I still received my Acekard several days later and was happy with my purchase. But now that I've heard that they're (were?) offering free Acekards for good reviews I encourage everyone to stay away from them. I don't care how good their service is, that's just wrong to me.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Costello said:
The new reviews that this shop has now, are from actual customers. The shop can show proof of it, and we have IP addresses too.

yeah, reviews that are paid for by gameplayfun.com
at least 3 of those reviews are fake and (once again) paid for by gameplayfun.com
who knows how many more people they paid

and their, "acekard, lowest in america" is a lie.
once you add up the shipping, the total is more than other shops

example 1:
Gameplayfun...acekard $13.95+$4.73(lowest shipping cost)=$18.68
realhotstuff......acekard $18 shipped

a saving of $0.68

example 2:
gameplayfun.........cycloDS iEVO $42.59+$5.41 = $48
realhotstuff.com....cycloDS iEVO $47 shipped

a $1 saving

example 3:
gameplayfun....dstwo $35.95+$5.92 = $41.87
realhotstuff......dstwo $39 shipped

you save a whopping $2.87

Not only does this shop spam, and make fake reviews, they also LIE and make FALSE advertising about being the lowest in the USA.

Also, they spam the heck out of shoptemp news, the problem with that is there are shops that post discount code but we never see it because they always get pushed to where no one sees them, and eventually disapear because of the constant spamming

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
yes for news on homapage i suggested to modify news on homepage
join every news made by same shop in one space or chapter and let customer possibility to expand it . So even one shop post 10 news only his last one is visible on his news space in homepage and if customer want to see other 9 need to click to expand enlarge it
or another possibility is to allow post on homepage only 3-4 times a month or with payment! Usually a store don't have big news every week. You can see on homepage now there are 3-4 site that occupy all space. I think homepage news is more homepage spam.
Need to works on best price too, with shipping fee or without shipping fee. One store with high shipping fee can sell undercost items and have all the best price for all items, this doesn't help user to choice the best shop.

XDD128

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im as scared as fuck right now, i bought a DSTwo yesterday from gameplay whatever, and after seeing these arguments, im probably gonna get my ass kicked by my parents if it doesnt arrive. I'm so freaked out right now. I don't know whats gonna happen, but if it doesn't come in 2-3 days, i'm gonna write a bad review.

lightakejerry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sausage Head said:
And, of course they spam the news page with "No Clone!!!! No Clone!!!!"
I appreciate your comment a little funny
rofl.gif

chubiboi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ordered a dstwo also yesterday hope it comes I emailed them for the usps tracking number and still no response. I can't think of 1 reason they do not hand us the usps tracking number

durpy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this thread is 4 months old. gameplayfun is legit, however i find it incredibly annoying how the website says you can track your package but it doesn't actually include any tracking information at all. you have to email them for it.

p.s. lol my internet security program blocked some pictures on the website coming from two *.co.cc websites

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why did I not see this thread BEFORE I posted my question earlier. Serves me right for not looking for this area first I guess. Ah well, I ordered from them yesterday and it shipped today so hopefully my Acekard 2i will arrive somewhat soon and be legit. *crosses fingers*

smilinator11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kadin said:
Why did I not see this thread BEFORE I posted my question earlier. Serves me right for not looking for this area first I guess. Ah well, I ordered from them yesterday and it shipped today so hopefully my Acekard 2i will arrive somewhat soon and be legit. *crosses fingers*

Okay i have made an account to vouche for Gameplayfun.com, please do not look at my post count and think i am working for gameplayfun and giving a fake review. Your card will arrive, and to be sure it is valid go to acekard.com and verify it. I was completely worried after i had ordered from this site and was told the reviews were fakes. trust me i was scared. But all was okay and it arrived on time and in perfect condition. If you have an questions please contact me and i will try to prove that i am not writing fake reviews for gameplayfun.com, they are a trustworthy site.

Jea

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered 3 acekards from Gameplayfun. They sent an email that the order was delivered. I waited and tried to check the tracking but there was no tracking number. After 10 days, i sent an email to inquire and ask assistance. I never heard back. BEWARE!!!

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This shop makes false advertising, they spam like crazy, and they pay people to write fake reviews.
And they steal and distribute people's acekard skins.

In other words, gameplayfun is is full of shit and should be avoided

Don't trust shops that use these shady tactics.

Kadin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I ordered my Acekard from them late Thursday evening via USPS First-class Mail (cheapest option). I emailed and asked for a confirmation/receipt number and according to the USPS.com site, it's out for delivery for today. Yeah I'm pretty damn impressed. Will post findings once I have it in-hand along with verifying if it's legit. Oh and I'm on the West Coast too...

lightakejerry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be Frank,the latest acekard 2i sells $13 is impossible in USA, As we know this card was made in China, we can't sell this price as a reseller how can they do that? So I am worrying about the quality of the products.
excl.gif
excl.gif

Kadin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lightakejerry said:
To be Frank,the latest acekard 2i sells $13 is impossible in USA, As we know this card was made in China, we can't sell this price as a reseller how can they do that? So I am worrying about the quality of the products.
excl.gif
excl.gif

Well I've confirmed that mine that I just got from gameplayfun.com is indeed legit. I checked a number of sources and everything works and I just installed the latest 1.8.8 version of AKAIO with zero problems so... And I got the card in 4 days, 2 of which were the weekend. I'll use them again.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins