Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Are you kiddin....

i said ago 4 hours that i am downloading trough Freeshop Pokemon Moon, and i asked here which region it is because Freeshop showed me 3x Flags: Europe,USA and a Japan flag.
Then you or someone else said the .cia in Freeshop is from USA but it has EUR languages or something, and it is still risky to use it ONLINE because its a USA version and my console EUR....
so i deleted it -.-.

I will check ciangel, if it shows me 2x .cias, one EUR and one USA, its all fine. So i will take there EUR and go and play online <3.
The real EUR is in the same .cia its called Region-Free lmao just download that one and you should be fine. And DONT go online u idiot <3 (Since your EU we gotta wait til 23rd to play online)

Reactions: ProfiSuchti

Gon Freecss

Mumble > Discord
Trophies
Website
signal.org
XP
Country
Venezuela
Are you kiddin....

i said ago 4 hours that i am downloading trough Freeshop Pokemon Moon, and i asked here which region it is because Freeshop showed me 3x Flags: Europe,USA and a Japan flag.
Then you or someone else said the .cia in Freeshop is from USA but it has EUR languages or something, and it is still risky to use it ONLINE because its a USA version and my console EUR....
so i deleted it -.-.

I will check ciangel, if it shows me 2x .cias, one EUR and one USA, its all fine. So i will take there EUR and go and play online <3.
If you play online before 23rd you'll get a beautiful ban.

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Could you do the same thing for me? If you know yourself around with the tools try get it to take a value from a file called id.bin in /luma and then we can just enter our own number (RNG) and then use the patched one - And boom problem solved for everyone.
I might try to learn how to, but I think somebody with more experience with 3DS tools should, I don't wanna be the reason your 3DS explodes when the id file is missing haha.

Do you need to have an actually NNID? I deleted mine with a blank nnidsave but cannot use the button combo
You need to press the buttom combo in the screen where the message "this nintendo id can't be used with this console".

By the way, reading the source code, it seems that 1234 is not the console id but the api version...
Looking into the code, there are 3 things copied into the memory, are the patchedDeviceID, DeviceID and ApiVersion, I dunno which one does the trick, but whatever its copying to memory is hardcoded and doesn't change between the consoles, though I might be wrong I'm not familiar with this language.

Do you mind linking me to the forked Luma?
The pull request is here https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/pull/286/commits/9bf4da8a7f9a228715970fb851db82e4ef90a4a6

Reactions: ProfiSuchti

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really doesn't matter which version you use BUT again people weren't banned because of the header, they were banned for being online period. Common sense says, if your eShop is banned before it was possible to get the seed and you're online using Ver 16/32, they know without a doubt you didn't buy it because you don't have eShop access, which is technically just as risky as using a console header on a cart dump. Since we already know Ninty probably could check the header they wouldn't do it without being flagged (public headers are flagged because they're dupes) and we know the cart dump won't flag because console headers are unique. Pick your poison to play your illegal game, it's no more risky using a CIA right now than it was 6 months ago. Chill

ProfiSuchti

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The real EUR is in the same .cia its called Region-Free lmao just download that one and you should be fine. And DONT go online u idiot <3 (Since your EU we gotta wait til 23rd to play online)

If you play online before 23rd you'll get a beautiful ban.

ooooooh, yeah i am a idiot but now i got it.So if i install Pokemon sun+moon from freeshop or ciangel, it does not care if the .cia would be usa or EUR because its the same (because the game is RF). But players inside EU get banned who go online before the EU release.And after the EUR release we can go with the version what we downloaded now from freeshop, ONLINE <3.So i dont need to look in 4 days for a "EUR" version of this game. Its already EUR,USA etc.

Thanks, now i will redownload and wait 2 hours for the download of Pokemon sun+moon.

xyxa

Dokoro
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
ooooooh, yeah i am a idiot but now i got it.So if i install Pokemon sun+moon from freeshop or ciangel, it does not care if the .cia would be usa or EUR because its the same (because the game is RF). But players inside EU get banned who go online before the EU release.And after the EUR release we can go with the version what we downloaded now from freeshop, ONLINE <3.So i dont need to look in 4 days for a "EUR" version of this game. Its already EUR,USA etc.

Thanks, now i will redownload and wait 2 hours for the download of Pokemon sun+moon.
You don't really want to go online for a few days after getting the game anyway. Level up your Pokemon and by the time the 23rd rolls around you'll be able to enjoy the most of what the online portion has to offer.

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Ok so from what I understand reading the code, it searchs in memory the string "X-Nintendo-Device-ID ", and will simply copy "X-Nintendo-ZZZZZZ-ID" at the same place in memory. Same with the api version being changed to 1234. Your actually device id seems to not be changed.

jrk190

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so from what I understand reading the code, it searchs in memory the string "X-Nintendo-Device-ID ", and will simply copy "X-Nintendo-ZZZZZZ-ID" at the same place in memory. Same with the api version being changed to 1234. Your actually device id seems to not be changed.
Huh... Meaning it's not a device ID ban? Or a console ban? Holy shit. Maybe it IS temporary.

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Yeah its stored in memory from what i can tell as when I remove it and go back to the normal luma a9lh.bin and check 3DSident it shows my actual Device ID. But still doe best be safe

ProfiSuchti

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You don't really want to go online for a few days after getting the game anyway. Level up your Pokemon and by the time the 23rd rolls around you'll be able to enjoy the most of what the online portion has to offer.

I know i know. I will download the game again now, play offline until the 23. then going online on 24. at 01AM to be 100% safe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ping times even lol