Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

D

Deleted User

It seems the reason they ban you is completely random. Some people can access friend list but not eshop or games, some can access games, but not eshop and Friend list, some can't access anything at all. I'm thinking they just sent out every ban possible to anyone who played online before release. If that is true, it's good news as its just a hasty banwave that will probably be reversed.
With this in mind, I think they're trying to have as few people playing online as possible. It does certainly seem strange that everyone has a different kind of ban.

AydenTheKilla

Garchomp King
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i mean i traded in black ops 3, new super mario u + luigi u, a few other xbox one games and got my 2ds for like 0.98 lol so i mean it sucks but i cant be that mad, i feel horrible for the guys who paid full price for a new 3ds and are now banned.... sorry guys i really am :sad:

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I totally get that, but people are getting too excited.

I saw it all the time in /r/jailbreak (where, coincidentally, he is infamous) where people would be so excited for a tool or method release and then it would never come.

D

Deleted User

Let us all join hands in harmony, in sister and brotherhood, hoping that these bans are temporary.

I, for one, have learned my lesson as well as other people have I'm sure. Let us hope we will be forgiven for our sins by the Big N.
Hail SataN.

Hypnotizing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The only problem i get from this is that i wanted to downgrade via dsi method , if this is permanent i'll be obligated to do a hardmod.

Didnt play online at all to be honest, the eshop ban is what hurts me.

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i mean i traded in black ops 3, new super mario u + luigi u, a few other xbox one games and got my 2ds for like 0.98 lol so i mean it sucks but i cant be that mad, i feel horrible for the guys who paid full price for a new 3ds and are now banned.... sorry guys i really am :sad:
It's fine. I took the risk and online isn't too important for a 3ds anyway.

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I totally get that, but people are getting too excited.

I saw it all the time in /r/jailbreak (where, coincidentally, he is infamous) where people would be so excited for a tool or method release and then it would never come.
Pangu team did recognize some of his work for their lastest JB (i'm not defending him btw, but atleast he's not some random)

Reactions: Gingerbread Crumb

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally am devestated. I do many give aways of Pokemon and I manage a gym league in my facebook group where I very often have to trade genned mons to the other gym leaders - this all would mean I would have to start using my Old3DS for this entire process and that's just super tedious imo.

I genned pokemon through requests as well, the only reason I tried a bit of the Moon leak was to test PKHex and genning, oh and streaming. Sucks for you, but that was really a grave mistake. I don't know why you played it through early and went online, definitely worth more to wait. For one, the game isn't long, at least if you have no life like myself, by the end of the weekend, one of the games are beat. That's my intention, play through and set up camp because the requests will be pouring in.

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm going to go ahead and say, perhaps with out of place optimism, that these are temporary.

At first it seemed like it targeted people with the leaked CIA, but at this point people with early sold cartridges are being banned so I am more or less convinced that it's a temporary ban.

Lindorel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
eeeem people, mi case is rare xD. I´ve the error 022-2812, I can´t acces to eshop and miiverse, but I can play online with others games, MH, ORAS, XY, also can see my online friends...

I´m lucky? This is normal?

And, for the last, this ban disappear in 15 days? is temporal or permanent?

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I genned pokemon through requests as well, the only reason I tried a bit of the Moon leak was to test PKHex and genning, oh and streaming. Sucks for you, but that was really a grave mistake. I don't know why you played it through early and went online, definitely worth more to wait. For one, the game isn't long, at least if you have no life like myself, by the end of the weekend, one of the games are beat. That's my intention, play through and set up camp because the requests will be pouring in.
I wasn't even planning to go online but a friend and I want to complete our alolan dex's before release and for that trade evos are required... big mistake

Reactions: RustInPeace

Powermad80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eeeem people, mi case is rare xD. I´ve the error 022-2812, I can´t acces to eshop and miiverse, but I can play online qith others games, MH, ORAS, XY, also can see my online friends...

I´m lucky? This is normal?

And, for the last, this ban disappear in 15 days? is temporal or permanent?

Permabans for playing a leaked game early are unprecedented, if Nintendo is permabanning us then it's the first time they'll have ever done so, safe bet it's temporary. Permabans were usually reserved for repeat offenders and ban-evaders.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.