Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

D

Deleted User

Is there specifically an area where the cia and main file should be, should they be together, or the root of the sd card? I'm desperate for anything right now.

ILSATS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone been banned for attempting to access mystery gift only before release? I'm still fine but afraid
Mystery gift seems to connect straight to Game Freak's server, not Nintendo's (as banned people still were able to collect mystery gift). So the chance to be banned from that is small, because Nintendo simply don't know about this. You may get banned if Game Freak ever decide to share that information with Nintendo.

puppisama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Has anyone been banned for attempting to access mystery gift only before release? I'm still fine but afraid

Mmm... hard to tell, since there wans't any mystery gift before the 18th, I guess you could get banned for that, but I don't think it works the same way as the plaza, where you receive and send info, in the mystery gift you only receive info, but I guess it could be considered a flag.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
answer our questions wise one
Mmm... hard to tell, since there wans't any mystery gift before the 18th, I guess you could get banned for that, but I don't think it works the same way as the plaza, where you receive and send info, in the mystery gift you only receive info, but I guess it could be considered a flag.
The 3ds has to send data to identify itself on the network, request permission to connect, and then verify that it hasn't already received any gifts. the bans are manually done and some people lucked out.
Is there specifically an area where the cia and main file should be, should they be together, or the root of the sd card? I'm desperate for anything right now.
I'm assuming your trying to inject savedata. you need a save manager to inject into a cartridge or already installed software.
I have no knowledge of people banned for playing other games. The other banwaves were about people using Sky3ds, in which you need to do an extra step to play the game without telling on nintendo's face that you're using a fake cart, the ones who used fake credit cards to buy from the eshop and the people going crazy on the miiwhatevergameitis...
I was refering to that : https://gbatemp.net/threads/error-code-002-0102-have-i-been-banned.380654/ but I might reread the whole thread, maybe it's explained in it now.

(From what I remember, first people supposed it was because of the use of .3dz format but I think some people said there were banned with .cia, but as always, only assumptions).
Cartridges have a private header that is unique to each copy. using the same header for several copies results in a ban. the sky 3ds uses these headers. installed games have no private header as it uses the 3ds for header info, so there is no flag.

Last edited by WeedZ,

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"OMG Nintendo never banned people for playing leaks early before, so they will not ban us now !! Let's all break their terms of violation that we all agreed on and play before release date OMG OMG !!!!"

"OMG EUR is in the same region as AUS, and Nintendo don't know how to use a simple IP check and country filter on their own server to see if we were in EUR or not !!! Let's all break their terms of violation that we all agreed on and play before release date OMG OMG !!!"

ip isnt really helpful. im in usa but the backup isp keeps giving us uk ip's. so if they tried that, i might be banned playing a us copy in the usa after the us release date since my ip shows im clearly not in the usa.

Reactions: WeedZ

ILSATS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ip isnt really helpful. im in usa but the backup isp keeps giving us uk ip's. so if they tried that, i might be banned playing a us copy in the usa after the us release date since my ip shows im clearly not in the usa.
Yeah, no system is perfect. There are always innocent people who will get banned in the crossfire. That's why there is a support center, where you can call and solve those problem.
"Hey ! There is no way Nintendo will ban people for playing online early !!! We may accidentally get the game early, and accidentally play it before release !!! We are innocent, they will not ban us !!!"

And I gave you that IP thing as an example. Nintendo have many ways to ban you that none of you here know about, or refuse to think that Nintendo are capable of. If you don't know, then it is simply not safe.

Last edited by ILSATS,

BingBong23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm about to buy a new 3ds xl and plan to hack it. I read a rumor couples pages back that nintendo can detect illegal games ( .cia and .3ds) and hacked console itself and ban the console. Is this rumor true?

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm about to buy a new 3ds xl and plan to hack it. I read a rumor couples pages back that nintendo can detect illegal games ( .cia and .3ds) and hacked console itself and ban the console. Is this rumor true?
No

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This thread needs to stop. there is alot of misinformation being spread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of... +1