Misc Has anyone ever been banned from the Wii Network Service?

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me if this is really old because it's been a really long time since the last time I looked at the User Agreement. When I was just reading it today, it says that Nintendo can ban you from their Network services if they detect unauthorized softwares and such (This would mean all of the backup channels and illegally installed WADs) through your use of the network. Has this happened to anyone so far, or are they just bluffing?

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess they could ban you but there are two points I want to make:
1 - They have not done anything yet apart from block the trucha bug / twilight hack. There have been no online issues.
2 - I know it is online but it is not very good is it. You would not be missing out on much really.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've never heard of banning people with illegal Wii games of the Nintendo online service.
Never.

@ Edgedancer: It's not as good as the 360, but I think SSBB, CoD 5, MK Wii and Animal Crossing aren't that bad
tongue.gif

A Divine Unicorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i frankly don't think nintendo is too worried about it. it has about as much online capability as the DS in terms of the stupid FC's and WiFi. ya know?

ZeroTm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well my friend cant connect to Nintendo 24. It says that its not available, but hes able to play online. Hes just not able to go into the weather or Newschannel.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Satangel, I know that the online is not that bad but I just got a 360 and online is so good. I guess I might just still be in awe over lagless online.

Touchay

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
if i couldnt go online id have way less fun cuz i get the most fun of my games online stuff that keep you busy *reaching lvl 65 on cod5* getting 9k plus on mk wii

Waddle Dee

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo's so idiotic with their online service, there's a better chance of the police coming to your house, asking to see your Wii, and throwing you in jail. Besides, does Nintendo really CARE? They weren't the first people to sue the R4 company, and they probably have NO idea what the Twilight hack IS.

Besides, it's hacking THEIR game to use pirated copies of THEIR games. Even better!

slayerspud

Trophies
XP
Country
pokewiz99 said:
Nintendo's so idiotic with their online service, there's a better chance of the police coming to your house, asking to see your Wii, and throwing you in jail. Besides, does Nintendo really CARE? They weren't the first people to sue the R4 company, and they probably have NO idea what the Twilight hack IS.

Besides, it's hacking THEIR game to use pirated copies of THEIR games. Even better!

All they literally need to do is type Wii hack or something similar in google to find it. Its not as if the Twilight hack is a secret or anythingm

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pokewiz99 said:
and they probably have NO idea what the Twilight hack IS.

fail...they do know of the twilight hack and tried to circumvent it via the lastest system update...they just didnt go a good job of it..

also if you were a dev company would you worry about a very small percentage of your user base who is actually pirating your software, and spend the resources and funds to stop them from doing so?

i would fathom a guess that mabey 2% of the wii userbase hacks/mods and pirates wii software. when you are the best selling console why spend the money trying to defend against the hackers, when you are selling systems and games like no tomorrow to people who will more than likely will not spend the time hacking there console (i.e. family;s with young kids, older people etc etc, the casual gamer who nintendo is targeting)

Waddle Dee

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
slayerspud said:
pokewiz99 said:

All they literally need to do is type Wii hack or something similar in google to find it. Its not as if the Twilight hack is a secret or anythingm

All the government needs to do is google "ROMs" and they could shut down a million sites. Do they do it? No.

Really, Nintendo is really retarded with responses to this kind of thing. They put USB slots in it! How easy could it be for a genius developer to invent a flash cart for the Wii? Just plug in a damn USB thing!

Nintendo's stupidity surprises me.

pieman202

Trophies
XP
Country
Valgreen said:
pokewiz99 said:
and they probably have NO idea what the Twilight hack IS.

fail...they do know of the twilight hack and tried to circumvent it via the lastest system update...they just didnt go a good job of it..

also if you were a dev company would you worry about a very small percentage of your user base who is actually pirating your software, and spend the resources and funds to stop them from doing so?

i would fathom a guess that mabey 2% of the wii userbase hacks/mods and pirates wii software. when you are the best selling console why spend the money trying to defend against the hackers, when you are selling systems and games like no tomorrow to people who will more than likely will not spend the time hacking there console (i.e. family;s with young kids, older people etc etc, the casual gamer who nintendo is targeting)
i think they did do a good job with the last few updates with blocking it but the hackers are better =P

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes I think Nintendo purposely makes their stuff hackable just so it can sell more, kind of like what Apple did with one of their products (I forgot which one though).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1