Hacking Has anybody here replaced there switch SD card reader

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
been having so many problems over the course of the past month stArting to think it’s a problem with the sd card reader inside the switch so I’ve ordered one from China I just think constantly putting so cards in and out has to cause wear and tear on the pins

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah its pretty simple to replace, you only need to take the back plate off and it just pops off, one tip would be to pull the little sticky pad off the top while installing it so you can line it up properly before clicking it into place

PS you will need a triwing screwdriver for the back 4 screws

Last edited by gamesquest1,

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah its pretty simple to replace, you only need to take the back plate off and it just pops off, one tip would be to pull the little sticky pad off the top while installing it so you can line it up properly before clicking it into place

PS you will need a triwing screwdriver for the back 4 screws
Yeah thanks for the tip I have watched a few videos it looks pretty straight forward

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is easy to replace.

I`ve even chopped the BTB connectors off and soldered them straight to the board.

Double check for cracked solder joints where the SD card "mechanism" is soldered on to the board.

Also, check that it is fitting into the BTB connector nice and snug and that you don`t have any shit in the connector

:)

Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.