ROM Hack Harvest moon save editing help

GizmoTheGreen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've located what seems to be the money at 1A5E, it's reversed. so 700 = 2BC = BC02, no other matches.
and when I has 1000 money it was 3E8 -> E803 at the same location with no other matches.

it seems to add up, but when I change it to FF FF (surely the limit isn't lower than 99 999?) it fails to load the save.

Could someone more experienced take a look? maybe there's some kind of hash/CRC?

Attachments

• harvest save.zip
    65.9 KB · Views: 853

Magnus Hydra

It’s rare for me to be here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've located what seems to be the money at 1A5E, it's reversed. so 700 = 2BC = BC02, no other matches.
and when I has 1000 money it was 3E8 -> E803 at the same location with no other matches.

it seems to add up, but when I change it to FF FF (surely the limit isn't lower than 99 999?) it fails to load the save.

Could someone more experienced take a look? maybe there's some kind of hash/CRC?
There is a checksum at the end of the save. It is a 32 or 64 bit checksum. See picture. I will be finding offsets for the rest of the day.(maybe)

Money is at 0x00001A5E and its little endian length of 4.
Items start 0x00000163 ends 0x000008EF. 0001 = 1 item.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    5.6 KB · Views: 822
Last edited by Magnus Hydra,
Reactions: GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There is a checksum at the end of the save. It is a 32 or 64 bit checksum. See picture. I will be finding offsets for the rest of the day.(maybe)

Money is at 0x00001A5E and its little endian length of 4.
Items start 0x00000163 ends 0x000008EF. 0001 = 1 item.

Nice work! :D

GizmoTheGreen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you need help with the checksum I can explain it better. I am done messing for the night, but i'll pop on to see if u need any help.

once I know how it's calculated I could try make a money maxer in java or python or something.
I'm gonna mess with it tomorrow I think. sleepytime now.

Magnus Hydra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, Everything is in little endian.
Here is my book mark for hex workshop and a save are the Very start of the game with everything but the quest items.

Attachments

• Bookmark harvest moon light of hope.rar
    697 bytes · Views: 422
  • Save file harvest moon light of hope.rar
    6.6 KB · Views: 464

GizmoTheGreen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick and dirty checksum fixer in Java
call with Java -jar HMHLChecksum "yoursavefile"
it should display the checksum, and a calculated checksum and if they don't match it will update it.

untested. I wrote it in bed while I couldn't sleep lol.

Attachments

• HMHLChecksum.zip
    7.7 KB · Views: 288
Reactions: Magnus Hydra

Magnus Hydra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! I will not be able to find anymore offsets until Monday on my day off. The rest shouldn’t be to hard to find like max music notes. Higher energy should be doable. Can’t have inf. Unless there is some program that can freeze the offset.

On a side note I only really modded what I did for my son. He is 6, and really only grows things. He can’t really do the story part. So don’t expect a lot more from me anytime soon. Work, work classes, soon to come college class and family stuff I got to do. This is a really easy game to mod. You guys have fun with it. :yayone:

Reactions: GizmoTheGreen

poelmans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
basically wondering if anyone has successfully edited the money in the game and can give advice on what value in hex edit to edit for it to work properly

GizmoTheGreen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
basically wondering if anyone has successfully edited the money in the game and can give advice on what value in hex edit to edit for it to work properly
It's in the first post... Then you can use my Java tool to fix the checksum. Untested but should work. I ended up doing mine with the net-debugger before Magnus informed me what/where the checksum was

Torem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, planning on getting this game, was wondering if there's any way to do infinite stamina?

poelmans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's in the first post... Then you can use my Java tool to fix the checksum. Untested but should work. I ended up doing mine with the net-debugger before Magnus informed me what/where the checksum was
I downloaded your checksum but it wont run on my computer

GizmoTheGreen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, planning on getting this game, was wondering if there's any way to do infinite stamina?
theoretically you could do it with net-debugger by freezing the value after you find it, but you would need to know what value to look for, is 4 hearts 4 stamina? or 8 since you can have half hearts? or is it 0-100 and then divided into hearts x 2? :P

good luck

I downloaded your checksum but it wont run on my computer
You need Java obviously. I was going to try and make a regular EXE that also auto maxes your money with simple drag and drop. but no time now. I might look into it on the weekend.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, and blood and bones