Hardware Hardmod without backup

Accelerator11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently installing a9lh but i bricked. I lost my backup sysNAND. I only retrieved my emuNAND backup. I should've backup my sysNAND again. So i'm planning to hardmod my 3ds. It is possible to hardmod my 3ds without backup or i can use my emuNAND?

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Depends on the emuNAND, and your console. If it's a 2.1 emuNAND, and you have an N3DS, then you can't do anything.
Otherwise, if the emuNAND is 2.1, but you're on O3DS, or if it's 9.0 (or later) on either model, you'll be fine.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently installing a9lh but i bricked. I lost my backup sysNAND. I only retrieved my emuNAND backup. I should've backup my sysNAND again. So i'm planning to hardmod my 3ds. It is possible to hardmod my 3ds without backup or i can use my emuNAND?
Can you launch Decrypt9 by holding start while pressing power?

Accelerator11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Depends on the emuNAND, and your console. If it's a 2.1 emuNAND, and you have an N3DS, then you can't do anything.
Otherwise, if the emuNAND is 2.1, but you're on O3DS, or if it's 9.0 (or later) on either model, you'll be fine.
I know my emunand backup is 10.7.0-32 so it is safe to use? Its plain i guess with FBI injected. I hadn't backup my emunand or sysnand while installing my a9lh. I regret my decision not to backup since i'm pretty confident my 3ds wont bricked.
Can you launch Decrypt9 by holding start while pressing power?
Nope

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know my emunand backup is 10.7.0-32 so it is safe to use? Its plain i guess with FBI injected. I hadn't backup my emunand or sysnand while installing my a9lh. I regret my decision not to backup since i'm pretty confident my 3ds wont bricked.

Nope
Not trying to make you feel bad but the guide has you backup your Sysnand so many times so what happened?
And why can't you launch D9 did you format the SD?
Check your payloads folder for def_Dec9.bin or Decrypt9WIP.bin is it there?

Accelerator11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait ill check later. I'm a little bit hurry because I'm giving my 3ds to my father so i don't backup anything since i backup my sysnand long time ago.

Last edited by Accelerator11,

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North

Yup, a 10.7 backup will work just fine. You'll just need to downgrade it manually if you want to use haxs again.

dg_dex

Trophies
XP
Country
If the OP already has A9LH installed, I'm with Xenon. Decrypt9's payload should be pasted in the OP's A9LH CFW folder. He or she should be able to restore the nand from there. But like you mentioned Kawaii, a downgrade will need to be performed once again. This time take multiple backups OP. You wouldn't be in this mess if you had done what the guide advised you to do from the get go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Tonight's nightmare sponsored but G-Fuel! lolo