Hardmod Help

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by 8bitsenpai, Jul 14, 2016.

1. 8bitsenpai
    OP

8bitsenpai Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2016
    United States
    Well, I'm one of those people that hadn't kept up with the modding scene for a while and had been starting to just update without thinking, but now I see what I can do with homebrew and CFWs and such, so I went and got Freakyforms Deluxe today and realized that no matter what I do, it's looking like I need a hardmod if I want a nice CFW (I'm on 11.0.0-33U as you might guess). This however kinda freaks me out since I don't have any experience in soldering or anything really, let alone a soldering iron at all. Is it worth going out and purchasing a soldering iron for this or is it too risky? I would also ask if theres anyone in my area in Florida who I could see to do it for me, but I'm not too sure if thats against the rules here. If not, then I'm open, but I don't want to break rules here.

2. OldGlass

OldGlass GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2016
    United States
    if you have money, just buy a brand new N3DS because the chances of you getting a exploitable system is very high.
    plus, if it's not exploitable, you can always return it and get a new one.

3. 8bitsenpai
    OP

8bitsenpai Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2016
    United States
    Well, I have money of course, but I really would rather drop somewhere around $30 on materials or more along the lines of even $50-70 to have someone hardmod it for me for safety than drop a solid $150+ on a new N3DS over my old O3DS I have with all of my data and such on it. Although not too bad of an idea to trade in my old one and bring that new N3DS price down a bit. Not sure yet though.

4. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
  5. 8bitsenpai
    OP

8bitsenpai Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2016
    United States
    Yeah, I saw that shortly after I posted this, and Im debating on that, because that can take a ton of time and all. I was kind of hoping there would be people that happened to be in the area that don't have a hundred 3DS systems already being worked on and I wouldn't have to ship mine out or anything. I might look into that though, I guess I haven't necessarily given that route a no yet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice