harddisk

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by hanfhase, Mar 15, 2009.

1. hanfhase
    OP

hanfhase Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2008
    Australia
    aschau im zillertal
    the harddisk i have .....died . a friend of me put it on the table and i stepped on the cable and it fall.
    but now when i put it in the computer it starts up and hear that the disk make sound , and also the
    sound of the usb when it got connected , but i do not see it in the computer sektion. [​IMG]
    what can i do

ps i don't have garanty

2. da_head

da_head A dying dream..

Apr 7, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, Canader!
    uh...if its damaged physically, there isn't much u can do..
    how bout u post pictures so we can see the extent of the damage?

3. hanfhase
    OP

hanfhase Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2008
    Australia
    aschau im zillertal
    there is no visibile damage it runs normally and connect but you can't see it my computer section

4. Scorpei

Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 21, 2006
    Netherlands
    harddisc + falling = dead disc
    Usually anyway. If you can try connecting it to a PC directly, but it probably had a headcrash and is dead beyond repair.

A dead give-away would be a tikking sound from the drive. A second possible giveaway is the system saying the device is an error / unknown. Not getting anything aside from USB recognition + your story really says to me dead drive. The casing/housing is probably okay though so you can still use that to house a new drive (get the same kind of drive though, IDE/SATA & 2.5/3.5/*" [​IMG]).

p.s. You might want to see about that warrenty, sometimes manufacturers give out quite extensive warrenties themselves (though not so much against fall damage, it's worth a shot though). Check out the website of the manufacturer (of the disc inside).