Gaming Hard to go back to the 3DS after playing on the PS Vita?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The only game I really play on my Vita now is Hot Shots Golf World Invitational. I sold away Uncharted not too long ago.
Maybe I'll order Gravity Daze... :unsure:
Was Uncharted any good?

I tried the demo and it looks good but I couldn't get into it somehow.
Uncharted looks gorgeous. Sadly the whole game itself was a little short in general and had no multiplayer.
Ah well I kinda expected that seeing it was a launch title anyway but it does emphasize how great the Vita's graphics are.
and how hyped the game was. ;)

Actually it was a very solid launch choice with exceptional graphics people would expect on the Vita.

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only game I really play on my Vita now is Hot Shots Golf World Invitational. I sold away Uncharted not too long ago.
Maybe I'll order Gravity Daze... :unsure:
Was Uncharted any good?

I tried the demo and it looks good but I couldn't get into it somehow.
Uncharted looks gorgeous. Sadly the whole game itself was a little short in general and had no multiplayer.
Ah well I kinda expected that seeing it was a launch title anyway but it does emphasize how great the Vita's graphics are.
i dont like how they make you touch the start menu, or touch to cut things, or force you to use the accelerometer in order to tilt to keep balance at one specific point throughout the whole tightwalking beam and not the beam in itself. I just generally hate launch games for systems that have new hardware, because they try to force you to use the things the hardware was made with. For example in Vita you HAVE to touch to navigate the home menu, as well as most of the menus in other games and demos. its really tedious as all crap and doesnt seem worth the effort. Another example would be the necessity of almost every wii game/game ported to wii in the beginning, to include some section of something, be it a boss fight or lifting stuff, to force you to waggle the remote. They assume, just because its there we wanna do it all the time, like there are no buttons we can mash or analog sticks we can rotate

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me or does after playing on the Vita which is fantasic make it hard to even play the 3DS with its little screen.

Does anyone else find it hard to go back to the 3DS after play on the Vita?

Maybe its because I have meteor hands....but those little analog sticks feel too skinny and tiny. I absolutely despise them about as much as the psp ones.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Is it just me or does after playing on the Vita which is fantasic make it hard to even play the 3DS with its little screen.

Maybe its because I have meteor hands....but those little analog sticks feel too skinny and tiny. I absolutely despise them about as much as the psp ones.
I say nothing about the twin "legendary" sticks.

However those buttons are seriously small. About 30 - 40% smaller than the PSP ones.

The 3DS buttons were small too.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

Not really, because there's like one original Vita game worth getting at this point. It's a nice screen, but there's not much to show on it at this point.

Reactions: 1 person

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I say nothing about the twin "legendary" sticks.

However those buttons are seriously small. About 30 - 40% smaller than the PSP ones.

The 3DS buttons were small too.

So was the 3DS analog stick. D:

But yea....I don't like these tiny buttons/analog sticks. Which is why when I play my 3DS, I can only do so for about an hour.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
i dont like how they make you touch the start menu, or touch to cut things, or force you to use the accelerometer in order to tilt to keep balance at one specific point throughout the whole tightwalking beam and not the beam in itself. I just generally hate launch games for systems that have new hardware, because they try to force you to use the things the hardware was made with. For example in Vita you HAVE to touch to navigate the home menu, as well as most of the menus in other games and demos. its really tedious as all crap and doesnt seem worth the effort. Another example would be the necessity of almost every wii game/game ported to wii in the beginning, to include some section of something, be it a boss fight or lifting stuff, to force you to waggle the remote. They assume, just because its there we wanna do it all the time, like there are no buttons we can mash or analog sticks we can rotate
Agreed. I kinda want to be able to scroll through my home screen with my d-pad and select things with my X button like on my PSP.which I found is much easier, the touch screen is alright but I mean I want to not have to use it all the freaking time, I found Gravity Daze and BlazBlue as one of the more better Vita launch games cause it doesn't force you to use all the Vita's new features alot, the rest is annoying.

I got some demos off the Japanese PSN store and the RPGs were fantastic, just uses buttons and the d-pad, no touchscreen, no accelerometer etc :yay:

and how hyped the game was. ;)

Actually it was a very solid launch choice with exceptional graphics people would expect on the Vita.
True true. I hope Gravity Daze can compare, so far when I played the demo it looked quite good but slightly blocky at times.

Jetowa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has got to say that the 3DS has better kick it up a notch soon. I would love to see a hardware revision with dual circle pads and a bigger more comfortable grip for us Adults. The only disadvantage I can see for the Vita is the price point. Which undoubtedly will see a price cut like the 3ds did early on. So hopefully by the time that happens there will be an extensive line up of solid games, (at also a lower price point)!

BlazeV

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Has got to say that the 3DS has better kick it up a notch soon. I would love to see a hardware revision with dual circle pads and a bigger more comfortable grip for us Adults. The only disadvantage I can see for the Vita is the price point. Which undoubtedly will see a price cut like the 3ds did early on. So hopefully by the time that happens there will be an extensive line up of solid games, (at also a lower price point)!
The only downside to the Vita is the price otherwise its better than the 3DS in everyway it also is bigger and easier to use without getting cramps. The 3DS tried its best but unless it has a bigger model comparable to the Vita then its not gonna do well against it.

Jetowa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree BlazeV. Maybe nintendo has something like a 3/4g compatible model in the works, but considering how many hw revisions the ds was privy to I wouldn't doubt a 3DS/XL might already be in the works! As for specs, I do remember a battery test running from a jap vita and 3ds, of which hands down the 3ds won. Battery life is very important to me in a hand held system because honestly, if I wanna be plugged in I'd rather just play ps3!

BlazeV

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree BlazeV. Maybe nintendo has something like a 3/4g compatible model in the works, but considering how many hw revisions the ds was privy to I wouldn't doubt a 3DS/XL might already be in the works! As for specs, I do remember a battery test running from a jap vita and 3ds, of which hands down the 3ds won. Battery life is very important to me in a hand held system because honestly, if I wanna be plugged in I'd rather just play ps3!
I hope a bigger 3DS is in the works otherwise compeating with the Vita is going to be harder.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
As for specs, I do remember a battery test running from a jap vita and 3ds, of which hands down the 3ds won. Battery life is very important to me in a hand held system because honestly, if I wanna be plugged in I'd rather just play ps3!
As much as battery life is important to a console especially a portable one, it also depends on the games as well, the Vita's battery life isn't so much worse than the 3DS only losing out by a few minutes but to be fair it also has PC charging so its not that hard to get some additional game time.

I mean I look at my Vita and my 3DS today and I saw that there isn't any games for my 3DS that I want to buy or play anymore and it was released for almost a year already while I know there are quite a few games I want for my Vita (BlazBlue, Gravity Daze, Disgaea 3, Lord of Apocalypse, Tales of Innocence R and Rangarock Odyssey) and its only been released for about 2 months (in Japan) and a few weeks here.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
It's difficult going back to a lower speced system and the 3DS' low resolution (not to mention it's lower DPI). Though I did pull out the 3DS not too long ago and played some Super Mario 3D Land which is always a blast. So there's some killer apps like that which can still pull me in as well as the 3D effect which I actually enjoy. But that being said I haven't touched the 3DS more than 30 mins to an hour since I got my Vita at launch.

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
at least I still have my 3DS because of Japanese Game Titles that I have. Sucks to westerners isnt it?, no good games yet on their hands.

I got my hands off on my Vita atm. Since I finished all the games that I wanted to play there, now im back with PS3 and Xbox360 and then when I go outside, 3DS is in my hands, just cant complete my day without playing Puyo 20th anniversary..

There's like 7 games that I played in Vita ATM, most of the games available on SEN are just classic PSP games.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
at least I still have my 3DS because of Japanese Game Titles that I have. Sucks to westerners isnt it?, no good games yet on their hands.
So true. Also sucks for the 3DS to be region locked in the first place otherwise people can just import Japanese games for their 3DS.

I would but I have a UK 3DS can't can't be bothered to invest in a Japanese one where that $250 can be spent on 3-4 Vita games I feel like playing.

BlazeV

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So true. Also sucks for the 3DS to be region locked in the first place otherwise people can just import Japanese games for their 3DS.

I would but I have a UK 3DS can't can't be bothered to invest in a Japanese one where that $250 can be spent on 3-4 Vita games I feel like playing.
Why was the 3DS region locked in the first place?
With the Vita only PSN was region locked and you can still change regions but its hard and annoying while the 3DS is locked to where ever you bought it and the restrictions it brings. Nintendo failed with region lock and its a wonder the 3DS is selling at all let alone is beating the Vita.

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country

With the Vita only PSN was region locked and you can still change regions but its hard and annoying while the 3DS is locked to where ever you bought it and the restrictions it brings. Nintendo failed with region lock and its a wonder the 3DS is selling at all let alone is beating the Vita.
Just buy a Japanese 3DS if you want your weird Japanese games!
You think the average consumer cares about imported Japanese games? Bah! Idiot!

BlazeV

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

So you think importing means that you must get a japanese game? lol what an idoit trying to seem smart.

USA gets alot more games than the UK and you expect people to not want to import 3DS games that hits the USA but will never hit UK and australia? lol why don't you stop assuming and actually learn that UK and australia gets the shit end of the gaming stick.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Off topic:
Once I made an enquiry (to NoA) about my bro going to import a JP 3DS and ambassador issues. They were actually ANGRY that my bro wants to import.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F