Gaming Hard to go back to the 3DS after playing on the PS Vita?

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I find it really hard as I traded my 3DS for it lol!
I do still play my 360 in the day though and Vita when I go to bed and the misses is watching wedding TV shows and boring stuff like that.
Played a lot of UMVC3 last night online and it was epic, no lag, just great! I played @thegame07 and I think we ended up winning 3 game each and then my battery died.
I have ordered one of these, everyone with one swears by them and how great they are:

SO62061.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I find it really hard as I traded my 3DS for it lol!
I do still play my 360 in the day though and Vita when I go to bed and the misses is watching wedding TV shows and boring stuff like that.
Played a lot of UMVC3 last night online and it was epic, no lag, just great! I played @thegame07 and I think we ended up winning 3 game each and then my battery died.
I have ordered one of these, everyone with one swears by them and how great they are:

SO62061.jpg
That... is one amazing freaking grip! Does it double as a battery extension or is it just for show and comfort?

Off topic:
Once I made an enquiry (to NoA) about my bro going to import a JP 3DS and ambassador issues. They were actually ANGRY that my bro wants to import.
You're kidding right?

Did they say why they were angry?
They were angry because they realize their services are mostly stupid, plus importing equals profits for a distant branch. Inner-company-rivialry.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country

SO62061.jpg
I wish I could get one but I already got a crystal case for my Vita and it won't be able to fit in it.

Off topic:
Once I made an enquiry (to NoA) about my bro going to import a JP 3DS and ambassador issues. They were actually ANGRY that my bro wants to import.
You're kidding right?

They were angry because they realize their services are mostly stupid, plus importing equals profits for a distant branch. Inner-company-rivialry.
Ah. Well in all honesty its their own fault for forcing people to be happy with such a crappy service, this applies even more in Australia. Somehow I kinda want to call up Nintendo Australia and talk about importing a Japanese 3DS and transfer Ambassador games just to see their reaction.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
It is just a grip to enhance comfort. Great if you have big hands and it stops you knocking the rear touch pad.

I too also have the PDP Custom Crystal case so when this grip comes I'll look at how easy it is to slip on and off and if I decide to leave it on I'll just get another case and sell this one.
I was already thinking about a new one as I want something for the Vita, charger and headphones and the PDP case is strictly just Vita.

Apparantly Nyko are releasing a grip with a battery but it wasn't ready for launch.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
It is just a grip to enhance comfort. Great if you have big hands and it stops you knocking the rear touch pad.

I too also have the PDP Custom Crystal case so when this grip comes I'll look at how easy it is to slip on and off and if I decide to leave it on I'll just get another case and sell this one.
I was already thinking about a new one as I want something for the Vita, charger and headphones and the PDP case is strictly just Vita.

Apparantly Nyko are releasing a grip with a battery but it wasn't ready for launch.
I heard about the Nyko one and was gonna get it actually but again I doubt it'll fit my Vita + crystal case. I'll see how things go before getting this which seems pretty awesome since I always knock the rear touch pad, I don't have big fingers (average) but its the way I hope my consoles. I always buy crystal cases for my portable consoles, its like a strange compulsion or something.

zygie

Trophies
XP
Country
In my experience, it's much less of a problem than looking back at the DS' 3D after playing PSP games with superior 3D...

Although I have played both the 3DS and Vita alternately and haven't had a problem. As it should be, it really depends on what games there are.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This portable is cool once I played it at GameSpot but no games are interesting to me so I am not buying it at all. I will wait for few years from now just to be smart and wise money spending. The PS3 and Wii are my things due that many games are not finish yet. :)

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I play my Vita and 3DS about the same, though that's gonna change when I finish Tales of the Abyss. I only have two games for my 3DS at the moment. And probably won't pick up another game till either MGS3D gets a price drop or KH comes out for it. I finished Golden Abyss the other day, got to play Ninja Gaiden and finish Wipeout 2048 on my Vita.

I do like my Vita a bit more though, because its all around more comfortable than my 3DS. Plus I have a backlog of PSP games I need to play (Oath in Felghana & Trails in the Sky among others)

They'll both have to take a backseat next week when Graces f comes out.

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I currently have a 3DS, Wii, PC, and Xbox 360. I won't be playing PS Vita at all, not until a see a price drop among other things. I also have an iPhone which truly takes up a lot of my mobile time. It is so easy to read an article online or play a game for 5 seconds. Of course train rides & longer trips are hands down dedicated to the 3DS. I just can't see myself buying a Vita at this moment.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Off topic:
You're kidding right?

Errr... Why would I joke?

Their tone in the email changed COMPLETELY. At first I thought they would be like "oh it's okay it's still Nintendo"

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Off topic:
You're kidding right?

Their tone in the email changed COMPLETELY. At first I thought they would be like "oh it's okay it's still Nintendo"
No idea, just to get responses?

I can imagine but its weird that they think they had the right to say stuff like that but what did they say?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Off topic:
You're kidding right?

I can imagine but its weird that they think they had the right to say stuff like that but what did they say?
I forgot exact details (it was a mail from like sep 2011) but I remember the Nintendo staff answering in a pretty much jolly tone in the first half.

The other half, their reaction was like "WE ALREADY HAVE 3DS Y U NO BUY FROM US".
Their tone in the email changed to be somewhat unhappy about the import.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Off topic:
You're kidding right?

I forgot exact details (it was a mail from like sep 2011) but I remember the Nintendo staff answering in a pretty much jolly tone in the first half.

The other half, their reaction was like "WE ALREADY HAVE 3DS Y U NO BUY FROM US".
Oh lol

They need to lighten up, the average gamer might not import but alot of us gamers aren't average though and average is the minority so most of do want to import and do like games not released where we are regardless if thats Japan or NA. Its funny how they responded which makes me want to test it on my own and call up Nintendo Australia just to screw around with them (I do plan to import one day though but never got around it)

BlazeV

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Off topic:
You're kidding right?

NoA is stupid trying to make people not want to import. Its their arrogance that makes people want to import more and more.

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Off topic:
You're kidding right?

NoA is stupid trying to make people not want to import. Its their arrogance that makes people want to import more and more.
NO. its this that makes people want to import more and more

BlazeV

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Off topic:
You're kidding right?

NO. its this that makes people want to import more and more
Not everyone is into monster hunter but those that are it doesn't look as great on the 3ds anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: