Hard Mod questions

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Timthegangsta, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Timthegangsta
    OP

Timthegangsta Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2015
    United States
    Ok so first thing i had a 4.5 o3ds with the works then i had the worst luck in the world i let my friend touch it and he updated (even after 1000000000 times telling him not to) so i decided ok ill hard mod it did it with ease since i have some
    first hand experience i went to go get my nand backups and wait my pc was in two feet of water from a pipe that just burst in the wall filling my roomwith water my hardrive looks is fryed and thats why i wanted to know
    -

if i have a 9.9-26u 3ds (hardmoded) can i restore my nand with someone elses backup?
    or am i screwd any help would be great
    -

also if the first questions no are there any other options?

2. LameNobody

LameNobody Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2015
    Canada
    The only option is to use a nand backup you made... PERIOD

Nand's are encrypted per console, therefore they cannot interchanged between consoles

Tips:
    Upload a copy of your nand.bin to a cloud service (like dropbox, or google drive)
    If you have a big internal 3ds SD card, keep a copy on there too...

Last edited by LameNobody, Oct 1, 2015
    usernametaken likes this.
  3. Timthegangsta
    OP

Timthegangsta Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2015
    United States
    wow thanks for the fast reply pretty much figured i was screwd but thanks anyways :) thank god i still have a n3ds 9.2

4. ils411

ils411 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2015
    I dont wanna add another hardmod question thread so, i hope you don't mind but imma highjack your thread :P

So, i just finally got everything i need to hardmod my o3ds.
    1. wires -check
    2. soldering iron - check
    3. soldering lead - check
    4. sd card adaptor - check
    5. sd card reader - check
    6. photos of where to solder wires on o3ds board - check
    7. nand back up - check
    8. some soldering skills - check

so, what i'm missing is a o3ds teardown tutorial and what to do after the hard mod. what software do i need to flash back my nand back up onto my 3ds? i've been looking for one on youtube but the only tutorial i could find for the flashing part was one that was already hardmoded with very little info. can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks in advance for anyone who can help me out

5. ils411

ils411 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2015
    never mind. found a teardown video plus i think the its disk imager or something.

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    That is some incredibly bad luck you got there. You better keep NAND backups of your n3DS in multiple locations from now on.

7. videogame57

videogame57 Yuki~! Yuki~!

Apr 27, 2014
    Canada
    Right behind you with a knife
    Just a tip, don't put your computer on the basement floor. All the computers in my house are either on the upper floor, or elevated if they're in the basement.

8. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pokébro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    NekroBump. Who are the hard modders in the US? I'm in the east coast and have my 4.5 NAND backup.

9. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    I beleive US NAND mods can be performed by hundshamer (thats their gbatemp user name) I'm too lazy to link profiles on smartphone, you should be able to find his B/S/T thread.

That's all depending on if he still conducts the service though, as I don't keep up to date with his thread. Good luck!

IronClouds likes this.
  10. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pokébro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    Thanks! Wasn't even sure where to go to ask, but I'll check out the BST forum :>