Hacking Hard mod downgrade question

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I install a hard mod and dump the nand, I know I can import a native firm into that nand.bin and flash it back and it will then have different native firm.

is it possible to import the other system CIAs into the nand dump? like if i grab the 11.0 system update CIA files and import them and flash it back, will my system be at 11.0?

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope and why do that? When you have a downgraded Native Firm, sysupdater will work again...and why do you want to flash 11.0 cia's? Downgrading the native firm is only meant for downgrading again on 11.0...

Last edited by James310,

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want to flash a proper system update but i cannot get into anything to do it (before you recommend how to get into homebrew, I know how already, I'm looking for a way to reinstall a system update without having the use of software.)

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want to flash a proper system update but i cannot get into anything to do it (before you recommend how to get into homebrew, I know how already, I'm looking for a way to reinstall a system update without having the use of software.)
if you want 11.0 for some reason unless you have a9lh then it make sense is just update using the system settings

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and this is why i can't deal with the temp anymore. :cry:

if it was that simple, do you really think i would not just do that? lol
What happened to your proper NAND backups of 11.0? The hardmod tutorial asks you to make multiple. I made only 2, as I was to lazy to try for another one or two.

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont need advice on how to do anything other than what i originally asked. not trying to be rude, but the two posts that are here have nothing to do with my question.

i need to know if its possible to install system update CIA files to a NAND.bin dump. that is all! don't worry about anything else, i know what to do before/after that point. i need to dump my system, flash the proper system files and flash it back - i just need to know if this is possible with current software.

if not - can i modify the autofirm script to do it? im a amateur coder, but i can grasp things when i try hard enough.

/endrant

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont need advice on how to do anything other than what i originally asked. not trying to be rude, but the two posts that are here have nothing to do with my question.

i need to know if its possible to install system update CIA files to a NAND.bin dump. that is all! don't worry about anything else, i know what to do before/after that point. i need to dump my system, flash the proper system files and flash it back - i just need to know if this is possible with current software.

if not - can i modify the autofirm script to do it? im a amateur coder, but i can grasp things when i try hard enough.

/endrant
No, no and no. If we could rebuild nands, than all the people that flashed wrong files would have been able to be fix their consoles.

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, no and no. If we could rebuild nands, than all the people that flashed wrong files would have been able to be fix their consoles.

that seems to be the general answer - but im trying to figure out why, if we can flash native firm then why not everything else?

edit: i found my answer - in case this helps anyone else - the firm partition has an attack that can allow it to be downgraded, the rest is encrypted and only the system can generate the needed XORpad for decryption. hope this changes one day :(

Last edited by VashTS,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.