Hacking Hard drives

  • Thread starter Thread starter Phratt
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,583
  • Replies Replies 6

Phratt

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2008
Messages
541
Reaction score
1
Trophies
1
XP
151
Country
United States
I wanted to know, if it was possible to take an internal hard drive from a compute and use it as a loader.

If not (which it probably is), could I connect the Wii to the computer itself and use the computer as a loader?
 
Phratt said:
I wanted to know, if it was possible to take an internal hard drive from a compute and use it as a loader.
Yup, with a USB2.0 to SATA Bridge Adapter it should work...although you have to take the HD out of the PC, maybe partitionate and format it...so it's pretty unusable for the PC anymore (or do you want to take in/out the HD everytime you need it
tongue.gif
?).
Confirmed in the Wiki...


If not (which it probably is), could I connect the Wii to the computer itself and use the computer as a loader?
NO! Only with FlatMii.
 
Phratt said:
I wanted to know, if it was possible to take an internal hard drive from a compute and use it as a loader.

If not (which it probably is), could I connect the Wii to the computer itself and use the computer as a loader?
Yes to both. To the second, you'll have to buy a flatmii.
 
Blue-K said:
Phratt said:
I wanted to know, if it was possible to take an internal hard drive from a compute and use it as a loader.
Yup, with a USB2.0 to SATA Bridge Adapter it should work...although you have to take the HD out of the PC, maybe partitionate and format it...so it's pretty unusable for the PC anymore (or do you want to take in/out the HD everytime you need it
tongue.gif
?).
Confirmed in the Wiki...


If not (which it probably is), could I connect the Wii to the computer itself and use the computer as a loader?
NO! Only with FlatMii.

Do you think you can supply me with a step by step tutorial on how to take out my HD and format it?
 
deceptica said:
search the internets for:

"remove hard drive and format it"


Lol, yeah that makes sense. But Anyways, I was looking through the Wiki and I noticed that ipods DO actually work.

So does anyone know if Ipod Photo's work?

4th generation and 20 Gig.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted