Hard Drive Problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by DAHypersonix1617, Aug 10, 2015.

1. DAHypersonix1617
    OP

DAHypersonix1617 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2015
    United States
    Yesterday I bought a portable 1TB hard drive from Matsunichi for the sole purpose of holding Wii and Gamecube games. So in order to get it working I fully formatted it to fat32 using guiformat, made a "games" and "wbfs" folder, but when I plugged it into my Wii none of the games were recognized. What was weird was that a blue light always comes on to show that the drive is being powered, and it flashes when being accessed. That was happening while I was in Configurable USB loader. I went onto some forums and eventually found out that there was a compatibility list. I was not aware of this as none of my other usb flash drives had any problems. This drive was not listed. I went to re test the drive, and it didn't work. I went to the DM booter channel instead to see if the drive was recognized at all and the games came up. So I need help. Do i need to update my cios? Do I need a new drive?

Here are some specs that were on the back of the box if that helps:
    HDD size: 2.5"
    Rotation Speed: 5400 rpm
    Interface: USB 3.0 (compatible with USB 2.0
    Data Transfer Rate: 5 Gbps (USB 3.0), 480 Mbps (USB 2.0)
    Power Supply: USB Powered

TL;DR My new 1TB fat32 formatted USB 3.0 Hard Drive is not working with certain homebrew applications and I need help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice