Homebrew Hard Drive not working?

fe3n1x

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, i just signed up to this forum hoping i can get a bit of help with my issue. I have just purchased a 500gb hitachi simpledrive which, using your HDD guide "should" work but it doesnt. I know its definitely a hard drive issue because i also have a western digital elements 320gb drive loaded with games and they all work.

The games show up in usb loader gx rev1100, but when i try to play any of them i just get a blank screen.

Does anyone have any experience on how i can overcome this or am i going to have to just forget it?

many thanks in advance

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you covered the basic troubleshooting steps?
  • Run Rodries Wii USB Test Utility and see if any of the tests fail. Don't forget to pass your results to the official forums to help further development of the EHCI module.
  • Make sure that any and all power saving features of the drive are disabled.
  • Use only primary partitions, extended/logical partitions are not supported.
  • Make sure that the correct cIOS and Loader settings are set for the problem drive. Pay attention to format used (WBFS, ext4, FAT32, NTFS, etc.), selected partition, directory (if using WBFS files) and in some cases make sure the correct USB port is specified.
  • Using you game manager of choice or Wiimm's ISO Tools, verify that the game images or WBFS partition are valid and uncorrupted.
-[]D

Comrade Cough

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NTFS/FAT/WBFS?

Does the new HDD need more power? Maybe spinning the discs up, and streaming the data off the USB is too much, and you need an alternate power source for the HDD
Only have one plugged in at a time? In the correct plug?

I know these are sort of asinine questions, but you never know where the issue might be, I was having problems with my Gen1 Wode and it acted exactly like a blown bluetooth/PSU module, turned out it was a short in the disc power cable inside the wii.

Maybe downgrading to a different version of the loader? or maybe updating a cIOS? Your new hitachi might not be supported by your current software.

|:edit:| rats to you PP, I was too busy writing this and fiddling with my own hard drives to beat you
frown.gif

fe3n1x

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Simple fix! used partitioning tool to check what it was set as and it was logical. Switched it to primary and hey presto. works a treat.

Cheers for the support!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4vMLpcX7A