Hacking Hard disk corruption

Loke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys.

I've been setting up my hard disk to work with wii and gamecube games (usbloaders and nintendont). As for the usbloaders I had no problems, but nintendont was a bit of a struggle. I changed the loading in nintendont to sd and now it runs flawless.

However, my disk (2 partitions, one fat32 and one NTFS) got corrupted. It reads all wbfs games in the usb loaders, but when I connect it to my pc it says the drive got corrupted and I need to format it in order to use it. This is no problem since I made a full backup of the drive, so i'm able to copy it back again, but i would like to know what caused it to prevent it in the future.

Some additional information.

-As I use beta52vwii I unplug the hard disk frequently and plug it when vwii is started
-The fat32 drive is also used by my ps3. There are some ps3games on it as well as ps3 system files
-The drive might've been corrupted before I started this process, but was still able to open it on pc.
-It was plugged in when the Wii u started, it asked me to format but I pressed cancel.

Can anyone tell me this problem is caused by the Wii U?

Thanks in advance

xxmasal22xx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
download recuva to recover files if you ever need to. also it can happen from frequent unplugging and plugging in

Loke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got the files, it's no problem.

I would just like to know a way to prevent this kind of error. Maybe installing the beta53vwii-alt and keep the drive plugged in?

Also i would like to be able to use the drive with my ps3.

xxmasal22xx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you want to use it for both systems create a partition named ps3, and rename the original partition to wii. best bet is to only unplug when the systems are off

Loke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That still doesn't answer my question.

Will installing beta53vwii-alt make any difference? I've read it has plug and play support, so combined with Ustealth I shouldn't have to unplug it as often right?

Also, can i just install the beta53vwii-alt over the beta52vwii? Or do I have to uninstall the old one first?

xxmasal22xx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know much about the apps youre talking about but i would say as a general rule of thumb uninstall the old one first

Loke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you for replying anyway.

Is there anyone who can help me on this matter? I read some things about the system files and I'm really scared of bricking my vwii..

Last edited by Loke,
Reactions: xxmasal22xx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: ONG.