Hacking Happy with your Supercard?

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, first off I'd like to thank you for any information you could contribute.

My nephew is 5, and his DS got stolen, along with his flashcart I bought him. It was an Acekard 2i.

I have an Acekard as well, but I've really been wanting the Supercard DSTwo, but never had any incentive to buy one until now.

If I do decide to get one, I can just give my Acekard to my nephew, so that's a reason for me to get one.

-----

What I'm asking is, do you like your Supercard?

How's the emulation, any slowdowns?

How are DS roms, have you found any unplayable?

Are there NES, SNES, Gameboy etc. Emulators aswell?

Any other comments?

-----

The only reasons I wouldn't get one is 1. The cost (nearly thrice the Acekard 2i cost), and 2. 3DS coming out next year... (Although I'll be holding off until a flashcart comes out for it).

Thank you very much for your help.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it's a great cart, every game I put in works

with the dstwo you'll never have to ask why a game don't work

the gba works pretty good about 80% to 90% of gba games work
and the snes is still kinda in it's beta stage, but it's work pretty well

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Do you like your Supercard? Yes most definately

QUOTE said:
How's the emulation, any slowdowns?Using the DSTwo's own emulators (GBA and SNES) I've not noticed many slowdowns (although I don't play that many emulated games to be honest) BUT the SNES emulator does seems to have some problems with graphic glitches - but this could be down to the fact it is the first release version (IIRC the GBA originally had some problems - but those got sorted out quite quickly)

QUOTE said:
How are DS roms, have you found any unplayable? Nope - not found a single ROM that was unplayable (yet), but have found one or two that don't like the RTS features

QUOTEAre there NES, SNES, Gameboy etc. Emulators as well?
None have been made specifically for the DSTwo extra CPU/Memory (apart from the SNES that is), but you can get normal Homebrew Emulators to work on the DSTwo (see this thread to see which ones have been tested on the DSTwo card)

Any other comments?
Yes......
1) Unlike the Acekard (& other flashcards), The overall 'look' of the DS2 seems 'mixed' - there is ~6 different skins/themes used throughout all the parts of the DSTwo (eos,plugin,gba,snes,RTM,iReader etc) - & all are of a different 'theme' making the whole look of all the menus disjointed (IMHO)
- Fortunately Xenon++ has come up with a small app that seems to make thing that little bit easier (see here and here for details) to get all skins to match with one another (as long as a skin been made for it that is)

2) GBA/SNES emulation can be a bit 'flaky' with some games - but IIRC this is 'usual' for almost all emulators

3) Currently there's no dedicated Movie/Music player for the DSTwo - we're having to use the bog-standard Moonshell2, meaning we don't get to use the extra processing power of the DS2. This MIGHT change in the future though

4) The updates for the DS2 seem quite frequent - I would say at least one every month or 2, so support seems to be quite good, not as frequent as AKAIO is/was (IIRC) but better than other flashcard developers

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
it's a freaking miracle of a device considering the hardware it's running on. i love it but you need to use all of the new features for it to be worthwhile.

xaeroak15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah , it freeze on Rabbid Gohome (US) first, but soon fixed it
Also, The Etrian Odyssey III (US) can be played perfectly(till now I'm not get any card can do this).

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
1) Unlike the Acekard (& other flashcards), The overall 'look' of the DS2 seems 'mixed' - there is ~6 different skins/themes used throughout all the parts of the DSTwo (eos,plugin,gba,snes,RTM,iReader etc) - & all are of a different 'theme' making the whole look of all the menus disjointed (IMHO)
- Fortunately Xenon++ has come up with a small app that seems to make thing that little bit easier (see here and here for details) to get all skins to match with one another (as long as a skin been made for it that is)
lol you got the wrong person there. I thought for sure you wouldn't have forgotten that it was Stormwave's work on the skin format xD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: shit like goku mui and beerus and other dbs stuff lmao