WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
In case you don't know, exactly one year ago Team Cyclops decided to end the support of their carts and screw their customers over, just a few months after they released their new promising DSi cart. So please join me to celebrate the one year anniversary of Team Screwclops :toot:

Obviously this thread is meant sarcastic

Reactions: 1 person

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
In case you don't know, exactly one year ago Team Cyclops decided to end the support of their carts and screw their customers over, just a few months after they released their new promising DSi cart. So please join me to celebrate the one year anniversary of Team Screwclops :toot:

It seems longer than a year, it was surprising how a team that provided 1st class support for their product decided to end it as they did.

I've moved on, the Cyclo is just a distant memory to me now.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It seems longer than a year, it was surprising how a team that provided 1st class support for their product decided to end it as they did.

Well, their last news is from 20.5.2011. Exactly one year ago.

keran22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel as though their support had gotten dramatically worse in the months leading up to their disappearance. The site had been intermittent (at best!) and overall it was pretty much solely the community supporting their products rather than the team themselves. It was only when the team vanished that certain members of the community decided to pack it in as well. Their loss was far more damaging to Team Cyclops products in my opinion!

Still, I love my CycloDS. It's pretty neat.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wish fossil fighter champioins would work on it... i got saga 2 to work on it some how...

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC then when i got my Cyclods there was not acekard2 or ds2 so it was arguably the best at the time.
That being said its served me well all these years, and I haven't had much of a problem with the lack of updates.

Still I'd rather have a ds2, always said I'd get one if my cyclo died but its still working fine

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
inb4EoF

I don't think anyone's in the position to poke fun at Team Cyclops - they always had quality merchandise and they were the only ones who even managed to create a DSi-Mode flashcart. They surely invested a lot in it and the emergence of the DSTwo - a cart with loads of external resources that were a good substitute for DSi ones as far as homebrew was concerned, sort of screwed up their plans of market domination. Shame, the iEvo was a promising product.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP

I think we don't have the same definition of "first class support"

Reactions: 1 person

EyeZ

Trophies
XP

I think we don't have the same definition of "first class support"

Back when the AP issues were appearing the Cyclo was always one of the 1st carts to have come up with a fix.

For that reason i purchased a couple of Cyclo's and why i suggested TC did at one time offer 1st class support.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They did pretty well, it's just that anti-piracy did better.

That's like saying "Their cart was pretty good, its just that the exploit sucked ass". Which I guess is true to an extent, but c'mon. You swindle folks out of ~($60?) at launch with implications that this will kick ass, then drop support like nobody bought it. I'm not a member of TC so maybe they genuinely couldn't patch in the DSi mode hack with the newer firmwares, but at least release a DS-mode patch so people can continue using your product.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Indeed. If they'd just updated the cart to support the latest firmwares (at least the DSi) on DS/DSi mode, I'd have been happy. Now I just use the DSTwo on my DSi XL :3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup