This could be you!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
link.jpg

25 years ago, on this very day, The Legend of Zelda was released in Japan. I didn’t realise it then, because I was four years old and too busy playing in the back garden, smearing my face in dirt or something, but it was the starting point of what is probably my favourite game series of all time.

I have so many memories of Zelda. The first time I ever stayed up all night was Christmas 1992 – because I was so excited about getting my Super Nintendo, and so excited to play A Link to the Past. I remember throwing my little brother the map that came inside the box, telling him he was the ‘navigator’ so I didn’t have to share.

I remember playing Link’s Awakening on the Game Boy, and being genuinely distrought when the world I’d spent hours playing in and engaging with turned out to be just an elaborate dream. Sob.

I remember waiting years for Ocarina of Time. Buying every single magazine that had Zelda on the cover, scrimping for information. I remember finishing it – being interrupted by a family member constantly calling the house during the epic end sequence, and getting so wound up that I actually punched my bedroom door. It hurt. And I felt like an idiot.

I remember the hassle of living in Japan, and having to wait weeks for my brother to send an English version of Wind Waker all the way from Scotland to Nagoya, Japan. I remember when it finally came in the post. I remember being blown away by the art direction, and bitterly disappointed by the Tri-Force fetch quest. I remember the kid with the huge boogers.

I remember desperately trying to convince myself to fall in love with Twilight Princess, but just not quite connecting. I remember feeling a little bit sad.

I have so many memories associated with the Zelda series – more than with any other series I can think of. Since it’s the 25th Anniversary of the game’s release, I thought this might be a good time to share some memories of the game.

[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

What memories of Zelda/Link do you have??

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Elvarg said:
i still dont get if zelda is a girl and you play as link who is a boy is zelda link?
I did not understand that at all but if you mean: who is the boy? well it would be Link, and obviously the girl is Princess Zelda, hence the "Princess".

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow. Never knew this.

Makes me feel special because Its also my fucking birthday today.
smileipb2.png
lol

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gifi4 said:
Elvarg said:
i still dont get if zelda is a girl and you play as link who is a boy is zelda link?
I did not understand that at all but if you mean: who is the boy? well it would be Link, and obviously the girl is Princess Zelda, hence the "Princess".
laugh.gif

Just think Mario. Mario is the person you play, but they could have name it after the person you save/work with.

Zelda limited edition 25th Anniversary collection anyone?
tongue.gif

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Elvarg said:
Holy shit. Are you going to spam for posts constantly? Why not make a post about something you actually know a thing or two about. Well, in your case, you'd have 0 posts then.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
So why is it that Zelda gets no special treatment, but Mario gets a RE-Release of a limited edition game? :/
"Cause it not the main mascot.
tongue.gif

Do you see Zelda Sports Mix , Zelda golf, Zelda Tennis,Zelda kart, or Super Zelda? no
tongue.gif

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
ShadowSoldier said:
So why is it that Zelda gets no special treatment, but Mario gets a RE-Release of a limited edition game? :/
tongue.gif

Do you see Zelda Sports Mix , Zelda golf, Zelda Tennis,Zelda kart, or Super Zelda? no
tongue.gif

And lucky we are that never happend with the Zelda games.

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
CrimzonEyed said:
KingVamp said:
ShadowSoldier said:
tongue.gif

tongue.gif

And lucky we are that never happend with the Zelda games.

Yeah, that would have killed Zelda!
ohmy.gif
haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out