HANS region unlock

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by CyberAle, May 9, 2016.

1. CyberAle
    OP

CyberAle Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2014
    My n3DS is on 10.1 version, I was going to play pokemon ORAS after a long time.

To use GTS or to get the birds I'm being asked to update to 10.7, but I have some "out of region" games, and I use HANS to open them. Is HANS multiregion still working on 10.7?

All I know is that ninjhax still works

Or should I instead risk bricking/losing my saves/losing my plaza and downgrade/install emunand?

Last edited by CyberAle, May 9, 2016
  2. hobbledehoy899

hobbledehoy899 Conniption Master

Nov 13, 2015
    United States
    Kernel Version: Linux 4.13.9-1-zen
    You should get A9LH, a lot less headaches about this stuff in the end run.

CyberAle and Hoppy like this.
  3. imthe666st

imthe666st Felyne Hunter

Aug 16, 2015
    Germany
    ><HFB>
    You should just downgrade, since it opens up many new possibilities. Upgrading to 10.7 removes Menuhax, Browserhax, etc.. So you should use your current entrypoint and downgrade from 10.1 to 9.2 and set up CFW. ( Do A9LH if you want, but it's not required. You're totally fine with a normal emuNAND. )

CyberAle likes this.
  4. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae ξίφος εἶδος

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    Simply using the latest HANS and httpwn will be fine.
    No need to upgrade/downgrade or install CFW or A9LH for what you want to do.

5. CyberAle
    OP

CyberAle Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2014
    Well, I've already downgraded and installed the rednand, that alone is working perfectly (red nand on version 11), I dunno if would it be wise to do the last two steps...dowwngrading a new 3ds to 2.1 is a bit scary...

Xiphiidae likes this.
  6. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae ξίφος εἶδος

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    While there are very nice benefits, it's not necessary at all. Don't do something you're not comfortable with doing.

CyberAle likes this.
  7. imthe666st

imthe666st Felyne Hunter

Aug 16, 2015
    Germany
    ><HFB>
    A9LH just results in a faster boot time and 100% success rate. if you're fine with the current boot rate and boot time just stay with menuhax :)
    ( I don't have A9LH too ;p )

8. CyberAle
    OP

CyberAle Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2014
    OK. I've heard that using emu/rednand too much damages my sd card and i need switch it every few months, is that true? Even so a 4gb card is quite cheap, as long I don't lose my saves...

9. imthe666st

imthe666st Felyne Hunter

Aug 16, 2015
    Germany
    ><HFB>
    I've not had any problems with my sd card up to now. All my sd cards still work perfectly. On another side. If you set up emuNAND you might want to upgrade to a 16gb or 32 gb sd card at least, since the NAND takes up 2 gb of the sd card already.

CyberAle likes this.