Homebrew Hans Not Loading Games?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 6,020
  • Replies 21
D

Deleted User

OP
Has anyone successfully loaded eshop games with Hans? Im currently trying to load The Binding Of Isaac with it but it freezes with a Red screen.

When trying to load mario kart 7(downloaded as well) it seems to have a 50/50 shot. is there a fix for this?

D

Deleted User

OP
Seems like Isaac is the only game refusing to load past then red screen. Could it be because its an N3DS title?

I just tried launching Metroid's VC game. So that goes to show me it wasn't because it was a downloaded title

D

Deleted-236924

OP
Also, for some reason, neither Hans or any homebrew is compatible with pre-loaded titles.
Legit .cias installed with a title installer should be the same as pre-installed games, and those seem to work just fine with both svdt and HANS.

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Legit .cias installed with a title installer should be the same as pre-installed games, and those seem to work just fine with both svdt and HANS.

With pre-load I mean when you pre-buy a game through the eShop, download it, and it activates on release date.

D

Deleted-236924

OP
Ahh

Well obviously. The games aren't supposed to be able to run until the release date.

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
That's logical. Preloaded games are incomplete, you don't have the entire game. The update you receive when they launch is the data that is missing.
Yeah, I also know that. I obviously mean when they are launched and you get the small update to play the game, they doesn't work with HANS.

WannyTiggah

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I have the same trouble. Tried using Hans just to run my physical copy of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire in another region, but after choosing the options and choosing "OK" all I get is a black screen, having to turn off the 3DS by holding POWER.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same trouble. Tried using Hans just to run my physical copy of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire in another region, but after choosing the options and choosing "OK" all I get is a black screen, having to turn off the 3DS by holding POWER.
does it play if you use "Region-free launcher" (aka regionfour)?

WannyTiggah

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
does it play if you use "Region-free launcher" (aka regionfour)?
Yes it works but of course it doesn't make any change since the cart is the same region as my 3DS :P

EDIT: what I meant was running the game in another LANGUAGE:

4ygNBtK.png

Last edited by WannyTiggah,

Rosselman

Spooky Skeleton
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Yes it works but of course it doesn't make any change since the cart is the same region as my 3DS :P

EDIT: what I meant was running the game in another LANGUAGE:

4ygNBtK.png
Pokemon language doesn't change based on the console settings. The first time you open the game it asks you what language you want to use and sticks with it even if you change the console language.
That's why HANS can't change it.

WannyTiggah

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Pokemon language doesn't change based on the console settings. The first time you open the game it asks you what language you want to use and sticks with it even if you change the console language.
That's why HANS can't change it.
Oh, I see. So it applies to games that use the system language in the game (i.e. Mario Kart)

In any case, even if I leave both the region and language options as "---" the game still doesn't boot. Also, it should work with downloaded games or not?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021