Homebrew HANS game compatibility thread

00technocolor00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I heard a work around to get hans and braindump to work with the digital copy of fire emblem fates is by downgraded to 9.2 but I just re injected my 9.2 NAND and tried but to no avail? Now granted im on arm9hax cfw and I do have a back up of my 'vanilla' 9.2 NAND but I really dont see how that would make a difference. I mean maybe it does. Maybe 9.2 fw cant read the 9.6 crypto thingy but for whatever reason arm9hax even on 9.2 still can read it I dont know?? I mean you cant even load into the game on this low of a firmware but I was thinking through hans you could. Uuuhg only like a handful of other people are having this problem with the digital copy to.

BenoitRen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sega 3D Fukkaku Archives boots, but the individual games still don't work. Guess I'll have to install some kind of CFW after all.

Asaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried overclocking Zombie Incident. I didn't play from the beginning, but the framerate seemed way better, even with the 3D enabled in rooms with the flashing "IN" sign. Didn't notice any side effects.

I've heard Code of Princess runs a lot smoother too, but I haven't tried it yet. Heaven knows that game definitely needs it.
Edit: Just tried it, works great so far. Framerate still drops in a few places, but it's more than tolerable.

Too bad the N64 Zelda remakes are buggy, I'd love to see those at 60 FPS, unless they're capped like the originals.

Last edited by Asaki,

CrazyBlergh

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just tried out HANS for the first time.EU N3DSXL 11.0 no CFW, using steelhax.
I started the Mutant Mudds demo a few times to see if HANS actually circumvents the demo limit and found you need to run it in 800MHz mode for the sound(and possibly other aspects?) to work properly.
When I first used regular(2xxMHz mode) I could go back to the HBL using the button combination without a problem, but afterwards with 800MHz, I got a frozen top screen and a yellow bottom screen.

Is this normal?

Batpeter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik hans doesn't work with the updates or dlc...
Yeah but at least with Pokemon it loads your save. Another weird thing is now my 3DS is telling me to download the Amiibo update again. But when i open the game it is still installed.

Bogochka

Trophies
XP
Country
Good Day, dear forum users. At first sorry for my not good English. I am from Ukraine.
Please help me. I want to play Zelda: Link Between Worlds with another language, but can`t. I have Zelda: Link Between Worlds physical game cartridge and 100% working .romfs file. But When i`m trying to start Zelda from HANS, the game is not loading (freezing). I can see only text - invalidated icache on the screen and little screen glitches in a corner. And game is not working both with or without .romfs file.
Legend of Zelda Ocarina Time, i can start easy in HANS - language was changed, but sounds glitching. But i need to start only Link Between Worlds now. My wife want to play this game, but her English is very bad. Please help me dear people. I was lost many days and hours, but problem exists:(

Reactions: matt!

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hans can be used to take screenshots of the 3ds games? What homebrew can achieve this?

Trying to use hans on any of my installed games result in it freezing on this message "ballin prepared to run loader" and then i need to shut down the console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare