Homebrew HANS game compatibility thread

vhaines

Trophies
XP
Country
dbz extreme butouden Demo does not work on me on changing its region and language, but it runs on hax by it defaults language japanese

Krisan Thyme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CIA works fine for me, but it might be different. what settings did you use?
That's just it I never get that far, Triforce Heroes (eShop) causes a hardlock for anything with a title selector. (HANS, svdt, etc)
It locks on a red screen before the homebrew itself even loads. I'm not sure why, as no other game has had this issue.
I'm on 10.1, New 3DS, and I've tried BrowserHax and IronHax as entry points with it so far, nadda.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O3DSXL 4.2 SYSNAND 9.9 gateway3ds emunand. usa version of super smash bros demo freezes for me on character select screen/before a match starts.

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Shin Mehami Tensei IV Eur version works, but the in-game e-shop can't be accessed with an un-updated 3ds...
Pokemon bank can't find the update data so even if one can change region and language and get it to boot it doesn't work...

Last edited by Amapola62,

Hyperstar96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a yellow screen for games that don't work. Are you playing Smash for 3DS on an old or a New 3DS, since you said that it doesn't work at all. so far known, update data isn't found.
I tried it on two old 3DS's through IronHax, one is on 10.2 sysNAND and the other is 9.9 emuNAND. The 10.2 gave a slightly glitchy-looking top screen (like the one when the Homebrew Launcher is loading) and a black bottom screen, and the 9.9 gave a top screen with gray horizontal bars and a white bottom screen. Both systems didn't load the HANS menu at all on these games.

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Virtual console games work...weordly I had chosen Jap region and jp language but the game ran in English...it's Super Mario Deluxe.

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
if my memory doesnt fail...... i read in someplace here in internet... reddit i think

themehax has less permissions over other hax....

i tested myself with dragonball extreme butoden EUR

3ds XL 10.2
new 3ds XL 9.0

themehax - dont work
browserhax/ninjahax - WORKS

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Looks like none of the games recognize the update data. I got a need-update-in-order-to-play-online error with Pokémon X and Mario Kart 7

D

Deleted User

Lego Star Wars III -- Works
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure -- Works, crashes with yellow bottom screen upon returning to homebrew menu (also, it seems kind of laggy)
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy -- Works (this is not the Curtain Call version)
Pokemon Rumble Blast -- Works, but it has very glitchy audio
Asphalt 3D -- Crashes on boot with a dark green bottom screen
Super Monky Ball 3D -- Works, but has very glitchy audio

These were all tested with the following settings:
Region: USA
Language EN

On:
Old 3DS Version 9.9.0-26U
Launched via Themehax

All of the games are cartridge form, and I can test them with ironhax if needed.

plushifoxed

I wanna talk more about kawaii stuff!
Trophies
Website
roxie.nyc
XP
Country
United States
New 3DS (U) 10.1, Ironhax:

From eShop -
LoZ Tri Force Heroes (Demo): Freezes at a red screen when trying to launch HANS
Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer: Freezes at a red screen when trying to launch HANS
Super Smash Bros.: Launches and "works", but it can't see your update data for some reason which means you can only use the base version without any DLC. Also your save will refuse to load because it's for a later game version, so you'll have to play from a fresh save in HANS. It doesn't actually delete your save though since you can still use the save if you run the game normally. Also, N3DS buttons don't work. (C-stick nub, ZL/ZR)
Animal Crossing New Leaf: Works fine
Shovel Knight Plague of Shadows: Works fine
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire: Works fine
Pokemon Rumble World: Works fine

From cartridge -
Tomodachi Life: Works fine
Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX: Gets stuck at a loading screen after the title screen, but you can use the hax keycombo to get back to homebrew launcher
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D: Works, but runs in O3DS mode for some reason. Extremely laggy, especially in cutscenes, and N3DS buttons doesn't work
Persona Q Shadow of the Labyrinth: Works fine

All tested on default/"--" region/language.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Floridawoman is the only thing that can ruin Floridaman +1