Halp

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by smk2, May 21, 2009.

Halp

by smk2 May 21, 2009 at 1:01 AM 1,045 Views 9 replies
  1. smk2
    OP

smk2 Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2009
    United States
    Okay, before, like months ago (some time around March) I was installing WADs just fine and everything. The last WAD I can remember that I installed was Mario Golf. I deleted that some months ago and was just recently trying to put one on. It starts to install just fine but then, it hangs at Installing Content #04... and sits there. I've had it sit there, for a 13 MB file, for 30 minutes and it didn't finish ever, I had to shut off my Wii (holding the Power button).

I'm on a 3.3U Wii (version 1, not the October update of 3.3) and am using WAD manager v1.3, the only cIOSes I have installed are 36 rev 9 and rev 10. Is there any way I can fix this issue? or at least, find out the cause? Because it installs IOSes just fine. If it matters, I have tried 2 SD Cards, one 1 GB and the other is 2 GB, no dice on either one. Also, I have redownloaded the WAD and recopied it, didn't change it.

2. smk2
    OP

smk2 Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2009
    United States
    Anyone...? [​IMG]

3. bdr9

bdr9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 21, 2008
    United States
    Have you tried any other wads? That symptom strongly suggests that that particular wad is corrupt. Try re-obtaining it?

4. smk2
    OP

smk2 Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2009
    United States
    I have. I tried one even smaller, 13 MB, same result. I redownloaded the one that was like 40 MB and recopied it, still same result too. [​IMG]

5. mydarxide

mydarxide Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    I agree w/ bdr9. It sounds like a bad WAD. Try getting it from a different source. However I'm not sure how to remove the partial install files. however if you get a "working" wad to install fully with the same title ID it should take care of itself

6. smk2
    OP

smk2 Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2009
    United States
    I even tried one that I know worked in the past, it hangs at #04 too... =\

7. smk

smk Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2007
    United States
  8. smk2
    OP

smk2 Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2009
    United States
    I'm still trying to get this to work but, it isn't.

Would downgrading to 3.2U solve anything? I'm on 3.3U version 1 (again, before the October 23rd update) and WADs have always worked until now. I also have enough space to install more WADs as well, so that isn't an issue.

I installed BootMii awhile ago but, I don't think that has anything to do with it. So, does anyone have any idea why it stops mid-install for ANY game I try to install? Would CIOS Rev 9 or Rev 10 (for the USB Loader) have anything to do with it?

9. afif95

afif95 I own a bungalow on Mars, and booked 4 corner lots

Nov 24, 2008
    Malaysia
    Malaysia!
    3.3 and installing WADs = Threat and danger.

Best thing I would suggest is downgrade to 3.2 or upgrade to 4.0, don't forget to install the latest cIOS beforehand.

10. smk2
    OP

smk2 Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2009
    United States
    Downgrading didn't do anything. Still hangs at Installing Content.... #04.

Does anyone have any answer at all to my problem? I REALLY WANTED TO PLAY MM!! [​IMG]