Halo's Future in Safe Hands

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,504
  • Replies 25
D

Deleted User

OP
Halo in safe hands. Multiformat support coming.

SRC

screenshot_237750_thumb300.jpg

QUOTE said:
Microsoft has asked Halo fans to trust that it won't "fumble the ball" when it comes to the future of the series.

The studio that created it all, Bungie, is now working on a new multiformat project with Activision, having completed work on Reach - its critically lauded final Halo.

The direction of the series will now be controlled by Microsoft - which owns the IP - as the creative baton is passed to internal studio 343 Industries.

Yet despite Bungie moving on, Microsoft has moved to reassure fans that future Halo games will still bear the series trademark of quality.

"We won't fumble that particular ball," Xbox UK boss Neil Thompson told CVG. "The Halo franchise is very important to us. It is a great asset to the platform and whatever we choose to do with it we will make those decisions carefully and in a very considered way. I think people have to trust that we'll do the right thing."

Prior to Reach, Bungie's Halo games generated approximately $1.5 billion in revenues, according to The NPD Group, Charttrack and GfK.

D

Deleted User

OP
BobTheJoeBob said:
Doubtful, very doubtful.
I'm just hoping it'll descend upon the PS3 and the Wii, and Microsoft's last successful gaming franchise will be lost in the hands of the innovators and the copycats...

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jet™ said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
Doubtful, very doubtful.
I'm just hoping it'll descend upon the PS3 and the Wii, and Microsoft's last successful gaming franchise will be lost in the hands of the innovators and the copycats...

Pardon me for saying this but... How stupid are you? Your own topic already says it wont wind up on PS3.

"The direction of the series will now be controlled by Microsoft - which owns the IP - as the creative baton is passed to internal studio 343 Industries."

This misleading topic is embarassing fanboy nonsense.

Bungie's new game isn't Halo. And the new Halo games are being created by a bunch of M$ owned slave monkies. (The reason for the change is Bungie is staffed by a bunch of over paid prima donnas. Bring the Halo series "in house" and you can pay the developers a lot less. I'm sure anyone can make a game as mediocre as Halo:ODST.)

tl:dr = if you wanted to play Halo, buy a 360 or play it on PC.

D

Deleted User

OP
Those beautiful hands that Halo is safe in. Those twisted, gnarled hands. With money imprinted on them.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me, or is Microsoft the Fox News of the gaming world? Half of what they say is bullshit/lies, and the other half is self-promotion, and none of it is news-worthy.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delta517 said:

Halo is a trilogy, but a trilogy can have plenty of spinoffs and stuff. So expect to see more Halo.

And JetKun, keep your opinion to the thread comments, don't put it in the title. I'm not fan of Halo but keep your personal opinion to the whole "Your input" section of the news and any other comments. Plus it just seems like you're trolling. I like pissing of a Halo fanboy now and then but that's mostly just because some of my friends are Halo fanboys.

meornot0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
Is it just me, or is Microsoft the Fox News of the gaming world? Half of what they say is bullshit/lies, and the other half is self-promotion, and none of it is news-worthy.
Do you even watch fox? Fox isn't bad at all, it just leans moderate conservative while the other news shows lean liberal.
Microsoft, on the other hands, is all lies.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
meornot0 said:
injected11 said:
Do you even watch fox? Fox isn't bad at all, it just leans moderate conservative while the other news shows lean liberal.
The local fox news stations aren't bad. The whole Fox and Friends team do nothing but spin perfectly normal statements into threats or a more 'sensational' story. Cenk said it best in his berserk rant. 43% of America still belives that 9/11 and Saddam Hussein were related, when it has been proven time and time again, and even publicly announced by the current president, that there was no connection. This is a gigantic failure on that part of all news corporations, Fox News leading the way. Off-topic...

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
meornot0 said:
injected11 said:

Now that's just not true. Fox news is almost purely conservative, both socially and fiscally, and (supposedly purposefully) misinterperet things to suit their agenda, which is more than their own lies of omission.

Evidence: their reaction to the community center guys' talk on larry king

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
meornot0 said:
injected11 said:

Microsoft is all lies, but Fox is moderate conservative.....
tpi.gif
....... and im batman.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
meornot0 said:
injected11 said:

lol, I assume that's the American political spectrum you're talking about. Mainstream liberal media doesn't exist in the US. There's far right and centre-right. Fox News, however, is far to the right of any of that... they're what I call the Delusional Right.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Considering all the games so far are mediocre at best with no quality, yes, I do hope it conserve that. Halo is a seriously overrated game.

No games can save the xbox360 now. Last year, the PS3 was 8 milions units behind the 360, now one year later, it's 3 millions unit behind. Next year, it's over for the 360.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
No games can save the xbox360 now. Last year, the PS3 was 8 milions units behind the 360, now one year later, it's 3 millions unit behind. Next year, it's over for the 360.

Outside of all the good Xbox games that'll come out. Multiconsole titles but if you really care about "exclusives" then you're just stupid. Exclusives don't make a console, games do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)