Halo Infinite details its Season 2 content, campaign co-op and Forge will not arrive alongside it

capsule_616x353.jpg

Halo Infinite has fully launched, both as a free-to-play online game and in its single-play story campaign form. However, content for the game is still lacking--the developers have yet to launch Season 2 of the game's online multiplayer, while both the Forge and campaign co-op modes are still yet to be released. 343 released a roadmap in order to address concerns fans may have, giving them a better idea as to when certain content will be arriving.

The first aspect of 343's plan focuses on Season 2 of the game, and getting it ready for launch. Halo Infinite's new online season will kick off on May 3rd, titled Lone Wolves. New Spartan characters, battle pass items, and events will be added. There will also be balance changes and the addition of new maps and modes, including the free-for-all Last Spartan Standing, Land Grab, and the return of King of the Hill mode.

Beyond that, 343 still plans to add Forge to Halo Infinite, with the mode having entered private testing, though it will not be ready until later this year. Similarly, the online and local co-op campaign modes will not be a part of Season 2, with 343 stating that a, "high-quality, full-featured 4-player network co-op experience" will take more time. They plan to add it sometime before Season 2 ends.

Something related to the delays in getting these modes completed could be a result of Halo Infinite's multiplayer lead--Andrew Witts--leaving 343 as of this week. After over 3 years of working at the company, he'll be moving on from the project.

:arrow: Source

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Some internal struggles, I guess? Needless to say, Infinite has not lived up to its hype for me. Don't get me wrong, I love the gameplay... but the issues, cheating, lack of communication, and lack of direction from the devs has turned me off. The lack of co-op is also disheartening. Not to mention that Season 2's content really isn't worth writing home about.I get it's not as easy as I'm making it sound, but this is the most depressing Halo released in 20 years for me. Honestly? I'd rather have paid $60 for a game with more content than this F2P Live Service crap.

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game can still get big but it's on thin ice and completely ruined any chance of ever being huge.

Everything it was missing at launch, everything it's still missing, zero content "live" service and now this.

What a shame

adamsef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The problem is that 343 are nowhere as good as bungie.
Halo 1 2 and 3 will always be the very best

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Idk what you guys are talking about, but the Halo community seems to love this game. I only played the single player and it's great. I think it is too bad it doesn't have co-op. After finishing it have little incentive to play co-op.

Last edited by pustal,

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
Game is a few months old but it's already dying on steam. They shouldn't release the game half assed and rely on the name alone to keep people playing for months.

Reactions: sley

CrAzYLiFe

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Idk what you guys are talking about, but the Halo community seems to love this game. I only played the single player and it's great. I think it is too bad it doesn't have co-op. After finishing it have little incentove to play co-op.
Clearly haven't been to the halo infinite forums since launch I see

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some internal struggles, I guess? Needless to say, Infinite has not lived up to its hype for me. Don't get me wrong, I love the gameplay... but the issues, cheating, lack of communication, and lack of direction from the devs has turned me off. The lack of co-op is also disheartening. Not to mention that Season 2's content really isn't worth writing home about.I get it's not as easy as I'm making it sound, but this is the most depressing Halo released in 20 years for me. Honestly? I'd rather have paid $60 for a game with more content than this F2P Live Service crap.
There has been internal struggles with the game since its inception. There has been multiple instances of issues that people covered in videos just showing how ass backwards development was/or has been. The fact that it came out as well as it did at all is a surprising scenario.

Don't forget, this got delayed a year AFTER the Series X was released, and it was propped up to be a launch title.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
There has been internal struggles with the game since its inception. There has been multiple instances of issues that people covered in videos just showing how ass backwards development was/or has been. The fact that it came out as well as it did at all is a surprising scenario.

Don't forget, this got delayed a year AFTER the Series X was released, and it was propped up to be a launch title.
Yeah. The delays only came AFTER that terrible E3 showing. I remember it all too well.

Been on r/Halo

So have I, and there's been plenty of complaints. People love the game, but wish it wasn't so hollow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright