Homebrew Discussion Halo Ce pc port possible?

Brunz514

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As the title reads, would it ever be possible to port the pc version of Halo Ce to switch? I would even donate to see this happen if its possible

Snomannen_kalle

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
As the title reads, would it ever be possible to port the pc version of Halo Ce to switch? I would even donate to see this happen if its possible
I'm not an expert on this, but I think the game has to be open source to be able to port it (unless emulation is an option), so unless Halo CE is open source, I don't think it's going to happen

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not likely at all. We'd need someone to write an open source engine for it first. So far the only one out there is TiaraCE but I don't think it's functional at all yet. Project is less than a year old, and hasn't had any new commits since March, so I think it might be dead.

You'd probably be better off finding Halo maps that have been re-created to run in an engine that has already been ported, like DOOM, Quake 1, or Quake 2.

Reactions: Brunz514

Brunz514

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the info, for some reason i thought it was open source from a few years back. Guess i was wrong, would b so awesome tho!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.