Half-Life: Alyx locks in a March 23rd launch date

dy7Bxrq.png

The latest entry in the Half-Life series is just a little over a month away. Valve has announced that Half-Life: Alyx will be releasing on March 23, 2020, for compatible virtual reality headsets. For those looking to grab a Valve Index for the occasion, or those that have already made their pre-orders, Valve will also be offering certain bonuses, such as Steam VR Home environments that feature props and visuals of locations from the game, which will go live slightly ahead of the game's launch, on March 2nd. Half-Life: Alyx will be supported by the Valve Index, HTC Vive, Oculus Rift/Quest, and Windows MR headsets.

:arrow: Source

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
anyone have both vive and index ? Is supersampling on Vive gonna look good like normal resolution on index ? Some people suggest me to save money and get controllers standalone to pair with Vive and steam vr 1.0.
I own and use both the Vive and the Index. Supersampling is only as good as your computer can pump out, and even then, you're dealing with a lower resolution than the Index. You can absolutely tell a difference with supersampling, though. It makes most text readable at normal distances, provided you have a powerful GPU to back it up, like a GTX 1080 or a GTX 2070. Personally, I own just the Index headset and still use the Vive wands and the Vive lighthouses.

tl;dr, Yes, but only if you have a powerful GPU to back it up.

Reactions: pop13_13

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@