Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

thejamesshow00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble with mother 3 english translation. save states and sram dont seem to work... any other game gba or otherwise fine. any ideas?

/bin/gba /usr/share/games/CLV-A-QNSQK/Mother3Eng.gba.7z

turns out many patches break it, found the right eng patch and rom, and applied a secondary save fix.. works :P

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wasn't officially supported or added until .15 I thought. I hope you installed the module itself to the Snes Classic.

Uh oh, I didn't install any module just added the command line. I removed it so hopefully everything is ok...

Yup, you have to be on 2.21.

This might be the push for me to start over and update.

Dms_85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do I know if retro arch is actually installed? I installed it from the modules as well as the snes9x core but how do I know it actually worked? on the NES mini retroarch would actually show up on my game list...however on the ones it doesn't...everything works like a charm but just not sure if retro arch is actually there or not

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I havent seen this covered yet but looks like theres a mod to replace the game select theme. Thinking about using the wii shop theme to replace the original theme, how does one go about doing that?
You'll find a music mod under the install modules tab. If you click it, it will give you instructions.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How do I know if retro arch is actually installed? I installed it from the modules as well as the snes9x core but how do I know it actually worked? on the NES mini retroarch would actually show up on my game list...however on the ones it doesn't...everything works like a charm but just not sure if retro arch is actually there or not
Put Illusion of Gaia on your SNES and see if it runs. If it does hit start and select together and you should see a menu come up. There's also a clover.zip you can add like a game that will work.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
How can I do this?
- Install DOSBox for Windows. Don't run it yet.
- Download SNES Tool and unpack it.
- Create D:\snes. This is to simplify things. (D:\ should not be your Windows partition, just in case. If you only have one partition, try C:\)
- Move SNESTL12.EXE and your ROM you want to patch to D:\snes
- Run DOSBox
- Type

mount D D:\

PRESS ENTER

Type

D:

PRESS ENTER

Type

cd \snes

PRESS ENTER

Type

SNESTL12.EXE

PRESS ENTER

- Select "fix for NTSC" using the arrow keys of your keyboard. PRESS ENTER.
- Select the ROM file from the left window and PRESS ENTER. If you don't see your ROM in the left window, your ROM is either not in the same directory as your SNESTL12.EXE or you started DOXBox before the ROM was moved to the D:\snes folder.
- After a few seconds it should say that it patched the ROM successfully. If it doesn't do anything, this means that your ROM doesn't have any region checks.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by WiiUBricker,
Reactions: artemus3

Th3one

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Create D:\snes. This is to simplify things. (D:\ should not be your Windows partition, just in case. If you only have one partition, try C:\)
- Run DOSBox
- Type

PRESS ENTER

Type

D:

PRESS ENTER

Type

cd \snes

PRESS ENTER

Type

SNESTL12.EXE

PRESS ENTER

- Select the ROM file from the left window and PRESS ENTER. If you don't see your ROM in the left window, your ROM is either not in the same directory as your SNESTL12.EXE or you started DOXBox before the ROM was moved to the D:\snes folder.
- After a few seconds it should say that it patched the ROM successfully. If it doesn't do anything, this means that your ROM doesn't have any region checks.

Hope that helps!
Thank you and I'll try it out thanks

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
- Run DOSBox
- Type

PRESS ENTER

Type

D:

PRESS ENTER

Type

cd \snes

PRESS ENTER

Type

SNESTL12.EXE

PRESS ENTER

Hope that helps!
There are also IPS Patched for snes Games for Windows!
No need of dos

Gesendet von meinem SD4930UR mit Tapatalk

Reactions: artemus3

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, but there are patches that don't remove the region check, like Metroid Legacy, Redesign and even Terranigma. For those you have to do it yourself with SNESTool.
You need only a IPS File the it goes.
Why to Go DOS when you can IPS Patch use under Windows.

Look at that!
https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/593/
Works unter Windows an can IPS Patching and more.

With that i Patched all PAL to NTSC.
Illusion of time, super Metroid and terranigma too

Last edited by Liriel,

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You need only a IPS File the it goes.
Why to Go DOS when you can IPS Patch use under Windows.

Look at that!
https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/593/
Works unter Windows an can IPS Patchinger and more.

With that i Patched all PAL to NTSC.
Illusion of time, super Metroid and terranigma too

Ah ok. I didn't see that tool. Well if it works, then it's a better option than SNES Tool :)

Dms_85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You'll find a music mod under the install modules tab. If you click it, it will give you instructions.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Put Illusion of Gaia on your SNES and see if it runs. If it does hit start and select together and you should see a menu come up. There's also a clover.zip you can add like a game that will work.
Awesome thanks!!!

jbannanyc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when it gives me the option to install the driver for the first time, I get this. Am I doing something wrong?

22386344_10209986480482914_535280977_n.jpg

Last edited by jbannanyc,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...