Belgium
This is just great !

82d0b9aaab31726e5029edce956ef19b.jpg

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man Im so confused, I don't want screw nothing up. I plan on updating like this.

Copy my Config/Dump/Games/Art Folder into the fresh 2.14 folder, after that I go into 2.14 and I got click Sync so it can flash custom kernel ? But how about my kernel from 2.13e ? Also do I turn on nes into fel mode via reset+power first time using 2,14? and each time uninstall/install mods or sync games the LED doesn't go off on its own? So we got turn it off manually ?

AndyVr

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Man Im so confused, I don't want screw nothing up. I plan on updating like this.

Copy my Config/Dump/Games/Art Folder into the fresh 2.14 folder, after that I go into 2.14 and I got click Sync so it can flash custom kernel ? But how about my kernel from 2.13e ? Also do I turn on nes into fel mode via reset+power first time using 2,14? and each time uninstall/install mods or sync games the LED doesn't go off on its own? So we got turn it off manually ?

Just open Hakchi 2.14 and follow the steps from the pop-up messages. So just flash your NESCE and ones that is done just copy your Config/Dump/Games/Art Folder and user mods folder to Hakchi 2.14 folder. Open Hakchi 2.14 again and just synchronize games and you are back running. I also puth the new Retroarch.hmod (folder or file you can choose) and the new Clovercon folder inside Hakchi 2.14 before i synch my stuff.

Last edited by AndyVr,

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wonder if Conkers bad Fur day will run decently. heard zelda ran good, seen mario kart 64 run smooth, and settings in retroarcharch can be tweaked?

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seems all n64 games work great including battery saves if they aren't compressed
I just tried zelda orcarina of time, whats a battery save? when use save file In game? I tried that, it didn't work when I started game again, retroarch saves dont work, and it doesn't create suspend point for save slot on NES gui saves? Please help ! . I added Super smash bros, zelda orcarina of time and mario kart 64

Could it be because I didn't update/change to the latest retroarch release + Cores? and instead using older one from 2.13 cores?

Last edited by kingj,

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Page 401 Xpike stayed saves work when uncompressed. I don't use the n64 emulator at all so I don't know for sure.
yeah I fugred it out, you got to use retroarch saves to save it, I was doing it wrong saving it to slot ''0'' it has to be ''1'' or above I guess, but there a huge problem. When you power your NES off, then back on and try go to your N64 save slots. they are gone >.>,

Lychees09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
For me the N64 games do not always work well, test with Yoshi's Story it always cuts in the same place, then returns to the screens of the games...
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon ditto...
007 - GoldenEye lag Many...

Make for me the N64 games not of diference compared to Hakchi2 13e...

Vigar

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Some N64 games will never work great. Even on a raspberry pi 3 Conkers Bad Fur day doesn't run decent.

Last edited by Vigar,

syndrome208

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome news! Please could you tell us which games have you had success with and which core are you using?

Working and in game saves work on the following n64 games. Be sure to add them with Compression disabled

F-Zero X
Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party 1,2,3
Rush 2
San Fransisco Rush
Star Fox 64
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros.
Tony Hawk 2,3
Blitz 2000,2001
Turok Dinosaur Hunter

Games that didn't work:
banjo and kazooie
banjo and tooie
conker's bad fur day
Tony Hawk 1
NFL Blitz
Pilotwings

keithelmcity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what file is it that is suppose to fix the 3rd party controllers? My snes one still doesn't function. The new set up is GREAT !!!

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way that I can inject a .SAV file from another GBA emulator to the NES Classic using Hakchi? I have a GBA Micro, but the save file for Harvest Moon FOMT keeps deleting itself, and I really want to play this on a system that won't lose my progress.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
One more question- compressing ROMs for RetroArch was disabling the ability to make restore points for SNES/GB/GBC games that I added so I unzipped them all. Only problem is I'm now over the size limit at 310 MB, so I just need to shave off a few precious megabytes to make everything functional, which leads me to the question.

Any chance there's some ROM trimmers out there for SNES/GB/GBC? Particularly GBC, because with a fair few of them are 4MB, trimming them will be essential to saving space.

Update on this: Instead of finding a way to trim the ROMs, I found that compressing the box art .pngs to 256 colors shaved off the necessary space.

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working and in game saves work on the following n64 games. Be sure to add them with Compression disabled

F-Zero X
Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party 1,2,3
Rush 2
San Fransisco Rush
Star Fox 64
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros.
Tony Hawk 2,3
Blitz 2000,2001
Turok Dinosaur Hunter

Games that didn't work:
banjo and kazooie
banjo and tooie
conker's bad fur day
Tony Hawk 1
NFL Blitz
Pilotwings
How do blitz 2000 and 2001 play? And San Francisco rush?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work